Feature request: Variable local vs Hub

Would it be possible to have two drop downs in the action editor one showing hub variables and one showing Local? I have built up quite a list of Hub variables and when I use a local variable in a rule I think it would just be cleaner if I could see just the Local variable list. It's not bad as they are in alphabetical order but I sometimes create a local name that is similar to a Hub variable name and I think it would make it less likely to pick the wrong one if they were in separate list.

5 Likes

I would also love to see that. I avoid using Hub Variables as much as possible for this exact reason…

1 Like

I put an underscore (_) in front of any local variable names. They get sorted to the bottom of the list.

5 Likes

I would most strenuously +1 this feature request, because as the Hub Vars list grows, naming collisions are inevitable. And you wind up talking users (like this one) through RM◄►DB◄►HV workflows where locals get confused with hub variables.

Granted, most of us have already resorted to idiosyncratic naming schemes that keep the two types somewhat "sorted", but visually that can pose a challenge at "picking time". Having them separated in some way (see example, below) would be mighty handy, so thanks for bringing this up!

That would be a real mess. But, something like this is possibly doable:

5 Likes

That will work. Thanks

2 Likes

Just updated to latest firmware last night and this change has been implemented and it makes locating variables much easier. Thank you

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.