Feature request progress or road map?

Got my Hubitat delivered today and had some time to tinker with it. So far the speed of the local processing is amazing and the flexibility relative to my previous hub is exciting. As much as I'm enjoying this I know I won't be able to make this my primary hub until the WAF (wife acceptance factor) is higher. For that I need a mobile app (with remote access & notifications) and Google Home support.

I've been going through these forums and following some posts but I was wondering if Hubitat has (or could have) a road map/feature page? Something that tells us in a single location that is easy to follow what is upcoming? It does not have to be detailed or have timelines as understandably things can be delayed or completely out of their control.

Thoughts?

Remote access (for remote control of devices) can be done today with the dashboards. Notifications can be done today through Pushover. Only thing missing from your list is Google Home. Not sure which hub you are coming from but if it's ST, you can make HE your main hub, then use the Other Hub app to replicate virtual devices in ST and control those using GH.

2 Likes

I've been experimenting with the dashboards as I type this, very powerful.
Notifications already got myself setup with PushBullet and IFTTT.
In terms of my previous hub it was a Wink 2, the recent outage and lack of local processing pushed me over the edge. I can already see Hubitat blows it out of the water in terms of functionality.

From the forum reading however I can see a mobile app is being worked on, Google Home is also being worked on, and many other things but you have to actively go find a forum post and read through it to find this all out. I was gauging if there was interest in a road map page for Hubitat. A simple page that simply shows features XYZ is acknowledged an in the works (or acknowledged, not started with no ETA). Perhaps even a little progress update (when appropriate). A central page for high level activities as an alternative to scouring the forum posts. Not sure if I'm explaining it well but hopefully that makes sense.

You could create a WiKi Post with current info about ongoing efforts. A WiKi Post can be edited by any user. Perhaps that would at least consolidate the information into a common location, making it easier for users to find? Just an idea...

1 Like

That's actually a great idea. After looking around the forums last night that looks like a right spot for that.