Feature Request - Lutron Thermostats

Confirmed that it gets reported without a query. I did nudge it because I was sick of waiting, so here's what I did: Pulled the battery, waited 15 minutes and there was no activity, so I adjusted the temperature at the actual thermostat and this is what was reported (relevant line is 3 from the bottom):

Then I put the battery back in and again adjusted the temperature at the thermostat (5 lines from the bottom):

Cool. Then you'll be all set!

Thanks for your help - appreciate it. Sorry about wasting your time with the original "hold" issue, glad that was already in there in the other driver.

Hey Bruce @bravenel, I'm not seeing the sensor in the device states in the new FW. Am I looking in the right place?

Schedule is there, so thanks for that.

Should show up if it reports.

K, I'll just give it some time. Thanks.

Use telnet to prompt a report.

That didn't work (tried twice). The one that is there is obviously unrelated. Seems strange, I thought that it would pick up everything.

Does Lutron Telnet in Hubitat pick up EVERYTHING, or is the driver set to ignore certain commands?

Something is wonky, I just did the same thing with actions 7 and 1 and nothing showed in the logs. Wondering if something about me manually querying in a separate telnet doesn't show up in Hubitat logs.

It eventually reported on its own with no query, but it still didn't show up in the device page (battery out):

Battery back in (no change to device page other than the reported temperature, which reverted to the sensor):

You're right, Lutron Telnet was eating those commands. Next release fixes it.

4 Likes

Fully recognizing that you've already spent more time on it than necessary for a "nice to have," it still doesn't appear to be working on 2.3.2.128:

Please turn on Debug Logging in the Lutron Thermostat driver. Show screenshot what comes up from that.

Nevermind. There is a typo in the driver. Needs a fix...

All is working now:

Battery Pulled:
Battery Replaced:

2 Likes

Hi @bravenel (Bruce). Reviving a thread because I have a similar request. Non-urgent. Just had a furnace replaced with a 2-stage furnace and I'd like to monitor how often it is in stage 1 vs stage 2. If it's not already an attribute in the driver, could you add this?

I see that it has both set and get, so while I can't think of a time right this second that I'd want to force it into stage 1 vs stage 2, it'd be great if the action was added as well (and it would help with testing).

I will look into it.

1 Like

OK, added an attribute "callStatus", straight from that document (literally copy/paste). Next release.

Screen Shot 2022-10-11 at 10.58.12 AM

In Rule Machine you can do this using Custom Attribute, for either a Trigger or a Condition:

2 Likes

Thank you so much. Really appreciate it.

Confirmed that callStatus is showing in the new release. Thanks again. Thoughts on the second part (set vs get)?:

In general, it's not a good idea to be messing with the stages of cooling, so I'm disinclined to add commands to do this to a thermostat driver.

It is possible to do it however if you really insist, using a custom command from Rule Machine on the Lutron Telnet device. Or, you can do it by opening a telnet connection to the Main Repeater and giving it the command.

Format is shown in the Integration Protocol document:

#hvac,id,14,7 (replace id with the Lutron integration id of the thermostat)

7 would put it into Cool Stage 1 and 2. Etc. This isn't a good idea.

I have two stage furnace/air-conditioners with Lutron Thermostats. I find it a little interesting to see that callStatus.