Feature Request - Ghost Node Removal

I'd expect that because, as a consumer, I expect the manufacturer to work with their sub-suppliers to fix problems. This being said - I recognize the Hubitat team is working hard to fix problems that are within their ability to fix. But someone, somehow, somewhere in the silicon labs or Hubitat or whatever part of the design and manufacturing side should have this fixed after all these months.

Well, I'm off now to set up a laptop with some software that I shouldn't have to know about to fix a silicon labs defect that is endlessly frustrating.

PS - to anyone on the Hubitat side reading this - I love the new "Rooms" feature and all the great stuff you are adding and realize you guys work very hard to improve this product. Despite my frustration with this issue, I do appreciate the efforts that you guys continue to make.

2 Likes

I blame covid and remote workers. :wink:

5 Likes

Is there another platform that works the way you you have described? I've never seen one. As others have stated, this is an issue with SI labs, not Hubitat. Until SI Labs fixes it, there is nothing Hubitat, or any other platform can really do.

3 Likes

Haven't had this problem yet, so not speaking from experience, but I thought that I saw that it runs in emulation on Apple.

1 Like

Bring up an old thread here but i've been going crazy trying to remove 5 ghost nodes. Tried Refresh, Remove but nothing is working. This is on my C7 Hub. These failed during power outage so they can't longer be excluded unfortunately.

Any ideas?

If you shutdown the hub, remove power from it for 10 seconds, power it back up, open the ZWave logs in one tab and the Zwave details in another tab and then click Remove what do the logs show?

I see nothing in the zwave logs. I just see this in the regular logs.

sys:12023-04-26 11:36:10.287 AMinfoFailed node 0B remove status: 0 SDK failure node is no longer in failed node list

So it's gone from the zwave radio but still in the hub's fw ?

Actually it’s saying that it believes it got a response from the device. Try removing power from the device and reattempt the remove.

All the devices were removed already actually.

Now that i know about ghosts i check immediately after failed inclusions. Mosy often you will see a ghost there and at this pt they can be removed real easily with a simple exclusion of the same device. Saves much headache in the long run.

1 Like

Unfortunately short of buying a usb zwave stick to try to remove these, should I consider upgrading to C8??

Migration to C8 won't remove ghosts, so best/first approach would be to get the ghosts removed. Having a UZB stick around can also be useful for upgrading FW on Z-Wave devices (faster than doing it via the hub).

1 Like

All good... realized I bought a USB stick for the CORE hub so used it to remove the naughty ghosts. Thanks for the guide..

1 Like

The naughty ones are the worst. Gum in your hair, short-sheeting your bed, and saranwrap on the toilet. :wink:

2 Likes

You forgot scotch tape over the optical sensor on your mouse. That’s a favorite gag in our office.

3 Likes