Feature Request for Create variable

Maybe it's just me but I would like the dialog for creating variables inside the action editor window instead of the main define window when creating a rule.

99% of the time I decide a need a variable I am in the middle of writing the rule, so I have to exit out of the editor and go back to the define page to create and then go back to edit actions. Maybe it's not possible due to the structure but I think it makes more sense.

9 Likes

This is done and is a big improvement. I Think I like the new edit screen, although it is a little busy with all the checkboxes and icons, but I think I will get used to it.

See here: Known Issues in 2.3.3.140

1 Like

As I mentioned having the ability to create a variable in the editor made things much better. I guess my original request should have been to add it to the editor but leave it on the main rule page as well.

I have a number of rules that I clone and created variables so I could vary waits times or change a string and the rule will work with the new device. So I find that some times I open a rule just to change a variable. So it would be nice not to have to open the editor.

If the dialog to modify and create variables can only be in one place then on the editor is by far the better choice, but if it can be on both that would be nice.