[Feature Request] Add PowerSource Refresh to Ring Range Extender and Aeotec Water Sensor 6 Drivers

@bcopeland can you please add Refresh capability and function to the Ring Alarm Range Extender driver that will update the PowerSource attribute when executed? Also the Aeotec Water Sensor 6 driver has a Refresh function but it doesn't update PowerSource attribute when you click Refresh and it would be great to include that too.

We had a power outage last night and the devices came online before my hub so none of the above mentioned devices received the "mains" power update from the devices. I was able to take your GitHub drivers and add these features to your old community drivers but it would be great if the stock drivers had this feature.

I added the following to the drivers (along with adding Refresh capability and function to the Ring driver)

cmds.add(zwave.notificationV8.notificationGet(notificationType: 8, v1AlarmType: 0, event: 2))
cmds.add(zwave.notificationV8.notificationGet(notificationType: 8, v1AlarmType: 0, event: 3))

Thank you for your consideration!

Do you have yours paired with or without s2?

No security. But it doesn’t matter as Ring driver doesn’t even have the Refresh capability hence my feature request.

I had the same issue and when I paired it with s2 it auto refresh/detected the mains to battery and back to mains which it wouldn't do when paired without security.

1 Like

Which Ring Extender do you have? If it’s the V2 (I have 6), Denny Page’s (@dennypage’s) Ring Extender driver has Refresh, and it works. Just install that driver and switch to it.

1 Like

I have the v2 paired with security using the built in driver

@672southmain and @rlithgow1 thank you for your feedback. I realize community drivers provide this feature I am simply requesting @bcopeland consider adding this to the stock driver so everyone can benefit from it vs having to rely on custom code.

I posted in the community a while back about testing I had done showing the built-in driver’s broken refresh, and Denny Page replied about his driver. He also added a delayed refresh in his driver upon systemStart because the Hubitat hub misses the return to mains event from the Ring after a power fail when the Hubitat is shut down. Otherwise, you need to put a refresh in your systemStart routine for each Ring Extender to get the power source state correct.

It’s a good driver, has never failed for me.

I tried using it but the battery updates stopped happening even though I set it 60/70 minutes. I started using @bcopeland’s community driver and the battery updates started again. From there I compared Dennys driver to Bryan’s and made adjustments to combine Refresh into it and I am good to go at this point but still would be great to have Refresh added to the stock driver so I don’t have to rely on this custom code.

Can you explain more about this please?

Well that's what I'm saying, with S2 enabled the built in Hubitat driver refreshes from Main to Battery and back to main just fine. It wouldn't when I had it paired with no security.

Battery percentage updates were working with stock driver and I switched over to your driver and clicked configure and updates stopped. I changed timing, etc and updates wouldn’t come back. I switched over to @bcopeland’s community driver and battery updates started again. This happened with all 3 of my ring devices. So decided to add the refresh capability and function from your driver into it and I have the best of both worlds at the moment. Just hoping this gets added to the stock driver too.

Know we have been mostly talking the ring Range extender but again requesting that refresh update battery on the Aeotec Water Sensor 6 driver too.

@rlithgow1 want to make sure we are talking about the same thing here… if I pull the device from the wall PowerSource updates immediately to battery. Plugging it in immediately changes it to mains. That’s not the issue or what I am requesting. As mentioned in my OP, I am asking for a Refresh command to be added because the device came online before my hub and thus hub was never updated with new PowerSource status of mains as it missed receiving this update. I have a rule that invokes Refresh on my custom driver at the moment and would like this to be “out of the box”.

Ahhhhhh Now I see what you're saying. I thought you were talking about the device itself not refreshing on hubitat.. my bad. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

1 Like

Can you say more about how you determined that battery updates are not happening? Lack of log entries, lack of events, battery ran out and you didn't get an alert, what?

1 Like

Lets take this to a PM as I don't want to derail this enhancement request.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.