Feature request: 99% -> 100%

@gopher.ny, it would be very nice if the built-in HomeKit app had the option to report levels above a certain point (such as Z-Wave's max of 99%) to HomeKit as 100%. This is a feature of HomeBridge that I really miss. And every time I try to explain why it only goes to 99% my WAF just goes down... :slight_smile:

FWIW, it would be nice to have this option in the Hubitat dashboards as well.

3 Likes

I have done this in my custom Zooz drivers since 99 really does == 100, due to the zwave spec not allowing it to go above 99. There is so many things this touches I wonder if it should be a system wide setting somehow? Thinking could there be a setting you turn on and then ANY level event that comes through as 99 the hub just converts it to 100 before it posts it to the device event log. That would fix the issue everywhere, and if someone doesn't want it they can turn it off system wide.

4 Likes

I agree with you, and have always used 0-100 in my own drivers. However, I thought a request to change the behavior of Hubitat's entire Z-Wave implementation would be a bit too much to ask for. :slight_smile:

Which device types/attributes are affected? Not asking for an exhaustive list here, just a handful of samples to understand the issue better.

1 Like

The only thing I know about is level when used with SwitchLevel for dimmers. Specifically Zwave dimmers because zwave spec only goes to 99 and not 100.

3 Likes

Dimmer levels for Z-Wave devices. And by extension, Room Lighting based upon Z-Wave devices.

2 Likes

@gopher.ny Z Wave Shades definitely. They will show 'Closed' when fully closed as they are at position 0 (less than 1) but '99% Open' when fully open as they can never reach 100.

3 Likes

Good catch! I don't personally run into this one because I have my own driver for all my Z-Wave shades. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Yeah, I think I can handle that...

7 Likes

Many thanks.

1 Like

Does this still happen in 2.3.4.119? I've made a relevant change, would like to confirm either way.

1 Like

@gopher.ny - I think possibly that the 'relevant change' may be what has caused it to no longer show '99% open' and now show 'Closing' instead. It could well be that you have fixed one thing but that the driver itself is now causing the incorrect status to be shown for certain shades. I saw similar in Homebridge and tonesto suggested it was the driver at fault. As it's Hubitats own driver (Qubino Shutter Module for mine and Aeotec Nano Shutter for @dJOS who's having the same issue) perhaps it's something @bcopeland could explain.

1 Like

I can confirm that it now shows 100% for lights. Thank you Victor!

Yep, I’m sure it’s the driver too, as I have Tasmota powered internal blinds that work perfectly using the virtual shade Driver as the front end for them (the are using a dimmer Driver due to not being supported fully).

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 360 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.