Fan Pico and RA2 Select? Compatible?

A question for the lutron experts.. The fan pico (PK2- version for europe); although not officially supported on the RA2 Select system. Does anyone know if this gets recognised at all? Iā€™m looking to interface with an Air Conditioner via Hubitat and just need the pico button presses to be exposed over telnet rather than any sort of native lutron integration.. is it going to be recognised by RA2 select as a standard dimmer pico? (which would work for my purposes), or just not enable me to even pair in the first place? Thanks!

I can't speak for Europe, but in the US pretty much all Picos are the same except for the engraving (and number of buttons, but my point is that I don't think the system "knows" other than what you tell it when you set up the device). I'd be surprised if it doesn't work. But if you haven't already bought it and they're as expensive there as they are here (I'm in the US), I don't know...

On the flip side, because of this, I've never actually bought a fan Pico--I just use the cheap one for lights, and by the time it gets to Hubitat (the only place I have any automations set up for this), all the events are the same and it doesn't matter. In cases where I care enough, I'm not afraid to use a labelmaker... :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hubitat only needs the number of buttons set after the given pico is added via the integration.
In the world of Lutron and Hubitat, the number of buttons determine the button functions, not the engraving present.

1 Like

I suspect it will be just seen as a dimmer pico to ra2 select ā€¦ other option is to custom engrave a standard dimmer pico but thatā€™s unnecessarily expensive.. maybe iā€™ll just order and see what happens.. :grimacing: