Expose Global Variables to other apps

It would be nice if the Global Variables could be exposed to the other included apps.

If you create a Connector in RM for a Global Variable, it becomes a Device of type "RM Connector Variable" which can be accessed by anything else.

True I was just looking for consistency between apps. :slightly_smiling_face:

Only RM has variables, so unless you're proposing that all apps have variables, how is consistency even relevant?

All of the various Connectors create devices, for both Global and Local variables. So it is possible for other apps to set variables by setting these devices, or to be triggered by them, act on their values, etc.

I just meant if you could define them in one place and reference them the same way in RM, Motion Lighting and Simple Automation Rules it would be nice. The connector does work it was just a comment.

How would I take a global variable for lets say a timeout and set it into the delay in the motion lighting app here:

I believe those only take numbers. I guess that's why I'm thinking that the global variable would be handy for things like that but I'll work around it. Or maybe I'm missing something within that app. Thanks!

That's not possible, because only RM supports variables in number fields.

Importing variables from RM into other apps is not on our list of priorities.