Export Device List to spreadsheet?

Is there a clean way to export the device list to Excel or CSV? If not, consider this a feature request.
Thanks!

For what it's worth, copy paste from the Devices page list does paste cleanly into Google Sheets and assumedly Excel, including cleaning grabbing the device URL links as well. Not aware of a direct export, but this is a fairly low effort route already in place.

3 Likes

Thanks for the post. Never tried this before(didn't need it) but it works fine on my Mini Mac with Big Sur, Safari and built in numbers.

Cut and paste does work well with Excel. You should widen the columns before pasting to make a cleaner result. BTY the devices are linked in excel so you can click on a device and the page opens.

2 Likes

Thanks everyone for your replies! I did copy/paste into Excel, but it was messy. I was just hoping to avoid all the time editing the spreadsheet.

How did it appear messy? My method was to highlight/select everything in the Devices table to copy, then paste that directly into Sheets which was the quickest for me to try, but it seems like others have confirmed the same behavior in Excel and Numbers :apple:.

In testing Office Online version of Excel I see that it is treating the <div> container as a carriage return which adds the extra row to the table, splitting the network ID as well as putting the device type on a row of their own. Is that what you are seeing happen? Google Sheets only seems to be doing this in the DNI column, but handles the cell a little more gracefully and does not create a separate row.

Copying from GSheets to Excel, it maintains the cleaner Sheets formatting.

The only thing not fully pulled is the Network ID field as in the Device List, these are truncated.

I guess I can see where being able to export a CSV or xls formatted file would be easier, but like others I can't come up with much of a use case for where I would want to be maintaining a list separate from what's on the hub itself. I can see that getting unwieldy quite quickly.

2 Likes

I see that it is treating the <div> container as a carriage return which adds the extra row to the table, splitting the network ID as well as putting the device type on a row of their own. Is that what you are seeing happen?

Yes, that was the problem.

I can't come up with much of a use case for where I would want to be maintaining a list separate from what's on the hub

I was creating a list of devices, with links to their user manuals, and other notes. A spreadsheet seemed to be the best way to organize it.

I'd use this to sort by Device Name. Going to try it now

Later: Amazing! Of course the Label and Name were still bundled together as copied, but after copy/pasting two Names into a new column, Google Sheets offered me smartfill and did the rest for me. They still have their brackets around them but that's fine they'll still sort.