Exceptions thrown by Rule Machine in platform 2.1.7.121

Just wanted to report the following exception that Rule Machine just threw me:

2019-12-04 08:30:52.200 errororg.h2.jdbc.JdbcSQLException: Column "disabled" not found [42122-197] on line 587 (ruleList)

I'm running the latest update to the Hubitat platform, the one released a couple days ago.

I would provide more context, but I wasn't actually doing anything with Rule Machine at the time. I just happened to see this when I was looking at the logs for something else, so I unfortunately don't have any idea of the context/cause.

Thanks!

… and another one. I've included the log entry immediately preceding the RM exception, which is from hours earlier and not related. I'm going to assume this may be arising from a rule of mine that's firing overnight. I will try to look into what that could be, as I don't normally leave logging on for all my rules.

Here is another one I just saw:

And here is the rule to which this exception is attributed in my logs:

These are database errors, meaning that your db could be corrupted. You might want to download a backup of your db, and then Soft Reset your hub, and restore that backup to it. Soft Reset is at you hub ip address:8081.

1 Like

Thanks, @bravenel. I will look into this

EDIT: I have completed a soft reset + restore, but I am still getting errors like this on a number of different rules (three almost-identical exceptions like this thrown overnight by three different rules, for example):

I assume I probably don't have a good way of fixing these without doing a full reset, is that correct? I'm not noticing any issues other than these log entries, and a full reset would be a huge pain, so I wouldn't probably consider that right now and would just live with the errors. Please let me know, however, if you can think of something else to try. Thanks

Hi, @bravenel. I just updated to 2.1.7.127, and within a few minutes, I have gotten the following exception attributed in my logs to Rule Machine generally and not to any particular rule:

Could you post a the Apps Page where it shows all of your rules, and also the App Status page for Rule Machine (gear icon), parent app.

Sure, here you go:

Nothing odd looking there. Do you know what you had just done that prompted that error? Or was it a one time thing?

I think I was just sitting at my computer at the time. It's possible a rule fired, but the logs don't give any clues, unfortunately. I just checked again, and I have since gotten a different exception thrown at the same line:

Ah, this is a database issue. You may have a corrupted database. There are a couple of things you should do: Download a backup of your database, and then restore it. If that doesn't clear the problem up, then do a Soft Reset (your hub-ib:8081), and restore from the downloaded db.

Okay, I’ll try the soft reset + restore again. I did the soft reset + restore once already (before updating to the latest platform version), but it doesn’t seem to have resolved the database issue.

I suppose the only other options are (1) live with the errors and hope nothing worse happens or (2) hard reset and start over (which I’m not going to do)? Any other suggestions? Many thanks.....

Bruce,

I'm getting these errors as well. I've had them for months, (and I reported them months ago). I get them every day, despite soft resets and/or database restores.

You can see with the last one that the error happens a good 10 seconds after anything else occuring.

I'm getting frustrated with reliability. I'm not sure if it's the errors.....but they cant be good. My dashboards were wrong this morning, my alarm wasnt updating in HE, and the bathroom lights didnt turn on last night. AHHHHGGh.

Need you to show the rule that throws that error. It looks like a broken rule. Both that error and the other one you showed could be signs of a corrupted database. Are either of these errors happening consistently in some particular context of things happening?

Thanks for the reply. How would I go about finding which rule it is? Is there an easy way to determine, such as the rule saying broken rule or something in the cog page of the rule?

Click on the red error in the log, it will open the rule. Or, you didn't show the entire width of the log, where the app id number is shown on the left. You can go to this url to see the rule:

hub-ip/installedapp/configure/nnn

where nnn is that app id number.

Thanks for helping us dig deeper on this, @bravenel.

Here is the latest error from my log, along with a screenshot of the relevant rule:

That's a database error. Could be transient. If it persists, then you have a corrupted database.

Thanks for confirming. If you have any suggestions generally for troubleshooting database errors besides another soft reset + restore, please let me know; otherwise, I infer I just have to live with the errors and hope nothing gets worse. Is this correct?

The first one is Rule machine (app 1).

The second one is a specific app. There's nothing in the logs that indicates the MS - Front Balcony recently reported (it does lux, temp, humidity, etc).

Would you prefer the app status page of Rule machine, or this rule?