eWeLink RF Bridge 315MHz & 433MHz

I see there's a product being sold under the Sonoff brand that supports 315 and 433mhz. The app itself is quite basic and just seems to copy static 433/315 codes. I'd like to get this information over to Hubitat somehow to respond to various 315 buttons.

There's shockingly little information about it online compared to the plain solo Sonoff 433 RF bridge version. Anyone have experience with this thing?

Product in question: eWeLink RF Bridge 315MHz & 433MHz Smart Home Automation Module Wifi Wireless Switch Universal Timer DIY Convert - AliExpress - 11.11_Double 11_Singles Day
(it's commonly being sold under the Sonoff title but seems to masquerade under a few names, it appears to be the same device).

If there is an open API you could write a custom driver. See whether anyone in the Smartthings community has done anything. Unless there is an open API you will have a tough time.

I don't believe that is the same as the Sonoff RF bridge as this one does not support being flashed with Tasmota like the Sonoff 433mHz RF bridge does, at least according to the templates on the Tasmota github. I didn't do an exhaustive search of the issues, so if this is a new device the template might still be in-development. It appears that the only way would be to integrate through something like IFTTT or Google Assistant controlled by Google Assistant Relay. Both of which will cause significant delays in any commands and will be cloud dependent.

I guess you have to figure out what 315mHz devices you have and is it worth all this trouble to not replace them? Sorry there's not better news. :slightly_frowning_face:

Remember though, your 315mHz button controllers, won't be read by the bridge...they would only control the device in question. The RF bridge won't be able to read the other buttons you have being pushed. That's one of the limits of an RF bridge, you don't end up knowing the state of the device. So, I'm not 100% sure that it would do what you want even if it had a direct integration with hubitat.

1 Like

Thank you both for your replies. I took a minute to crack it open and inside and was happy to find an ESP8285. There's also 5 vias labelled "MCU_DOWN". I haven't attempted anything yet, but I'm dying to see if it'll flash similar to the others.

In my case it's just random things I've acquired over the years that are 315. A few remotes, PIR sensors and doorbells. I don't really want a live report of the state but prefer just a somewhat reliable way to listen for events from the hardware. Right now the item on the top of this list is an vehicle sensor that's 315.

You could use this library for the esp8266 GitHub - crankyoldgit/IRremoteESP8266: Infrared remote library for ESP8266: send and receive infrared signals with multiple protocols. Based on: https://github.com/shirriff/Arduino-IRremote/ but instead of using a Ir receiver use one of these to record the raw codes https://www.amazon.com/HiLetgo-Transmitter-Receiver-Arduino-Raspberry/dp/B00LNADJS6/ref=asc_df_B00LNADJS6/?tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=198093960169&hvpos=1o1&hvnetw=g&hvrand=3586800620904476442&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=t&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9007924&hvtargid=aud-799711277694:pla-319099859202&psc=1
I’ve used IRremote to get the raw code for my Hampton Bay/ Harbor Breeze fan remotes. So I control them with Hubitat. This may also be useful for you. GitHub - NorthernMan54/homebridge-rf-fan-remote: HomeBridge accessory for the FAN61T-4SP 315MHz RF Fan Remote

You rock! I think this is what I'm after in the end and it looks like perhaps I can just pop that right into the top of a Pi. Absolutely fantastic!!

If your going to use a raspberry you might want to look at LIRC http://www.lirc.org/
I had problems using it with Buster. But this link may help you [Stretch/Buster] Using LIRC with kernel 4.19.X and gpio-ir - Raspberry Pi Forums.