Everything stopped working about an hour ago

Hey all

I upgraded to the new hotfix this morning at 11:45, everything stopped working after the reboot. Can't control anything from the device page or automations

Just rebooted and things are slowing starting to work again

Anyone else
Rick

I had the same, after the update it said I only had one z-wave device online (ZigBee was working). I waited for a while to see if anything changed, then I did a reboot and everything came back up

I had your same issue, one zwave device only on the list but I turned off the zwave and turn on and all devices appeared.

I haven't updated yet. Should I wait? Or did your stuff snap out of it completely?

Mine was fine once I rebooted after the update. I then went to the latest hot fix later today with no issues

Rick

Ok .. I did the update yesterday. I've had some strange behavior today, but devastating. I'll run the hotfix.

I did the update about an hour ago, zero issues, besides my usual bad children, qubino flush2, utilitech glass break sensor, enerwave zwave+ ceiling motion sensor, taking their sweet old time to checkin.
68 devices

1 Like

Sorry for the troubles. Engineers are investigating. We will keep you updated on the progress.

1 Like

My hub was squirrely this morning. I just rebooted it. So I'll see how things do in the next few hours. If a reboot fixes it, then we shouldn't sweat.

I haven't needed a reboot in 7 months. Did yesterday though. One ZWave device in the list. All the automations were working, according to the Logs, just couldn't tell an actual device to turn on/off. I was seeing motion events, (from devices that were no longer in the list,) followed by the RM app... then not seeing the light's ON command nor would it actually come on.

After I upgraded (and read this thread) I watched my Z-Wave Details page. After an hour, only 3 of my 47 odd Z-wave devices started reporting a "Last Received." Instead of rebooting, I initiated a Z-Wave Repair. I remember before reading that rebooting may not help due to the need to rebuild the Z-Wave network. After 5 hours, most of them have have responded back. There are a few contact sensors that I'll probably just go and open/close the doors or windows.

So, I would recommend a Repair before a reboot.

I rebooted my hub this morning around 11cst. Messed with a rule or two. Did some computer work. By 3 this afternoon, nothing was working.Absolutely nothing. So, I did what I should have done and walked away. Went to the city and ran some errands for a few hours. Upon arrival home, I found my outside lights on and my kitchen lights responded to my entrance. (very un-dramatic). Seems that everything is responding again. I haven't run through the whole house, but it seemed to have snapped out of it. So I'll say ... @homeauto2112 has something there too. May just be a "wait it out" scenario. (I can't believe I did it! I actually waited. I have no patience.. normally.)

1 Like

We found a bug in the Z-Wave startup process. It was essentially a race condition in which a message was coming in before we were ready to handle it. This was fixed in the latest hotfix, 2.0.4.113

2 Likes

maybe a coincidence but I was having trouble with a number of my zwave devices (even after the latest update) and noticed one of my GE ZW4005 12722 switches would not active my rule when manually pushed.
It worked fine turning on/off from the the device page in hubitat prior to manually pushing but after manually pushing it would stop responding from the device page and I would have to wait at least 10 minutes for it to work in device page again.
I then noticed a lot of my other zwave devices would also stop responding from the device page after this switch was manually pushed and also take at least 10 minutes to start working again.
The worst affected were my Schlage BE468 locks both of which would stop responding for hours (not sure how many but at lest 2 hours) they were working when I woke up.
Everything eventually all starts working again.
restarting the zwave stick makes them work faster.
I tried airgap/removing power from the switch and it was always the same.
It always affected the same devices not all of the zwave devices but most of them and again only when manually pushed.
Did not seem to affect brand/model specific some devices that stop working another device of the same brand/type was not affected.

I put it down to a faulty GE ZW4005 12722 switch (it worked a few days ago)
note even after physically removing the switch I still had to turn my zwave stick off and then back on to get my schlage locks back quickly.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.