Every single Z-Wave node is failing in repair

I've been running a C-8 (currently on 2.3.8.134) for about 11 months and it's been working great with my 50+ devices. Until last week. Last week, my automations starting failing, as did using the dashboard or remote switches to turn items on or off. (So you could only turn off switches by actually touching the switch. Like I lived in the middle ages or something.)

So I:

• Attempted using the Z-Wave repair tool. Most of my switches failed and attempts to repair them (en mass or individually) failed as well.
  • I rebooted the device a few times, before and after trying to use the repair tool.
  • I rebooted the device and had it rebuild the database
  • I restored the database from earlier this month

I'm now at the spot where if I do a reboot, about 1/2 my devices with show "Completed" in Z-Wave repair (but still don't connect properly to routines or activate via the dashboard), but then they'll start to fail and the Z-Wave repairs will start showing every single node as failing.

Ideas?

1. Navigate to Settings and select the Shut Down option.
  2. Wait until the LED on the front of the hub turns red, then unplug the hub from power for at least 30 seconds.
  3. Plug the hub back into power (the hub will automatically boot). Wait for the regular hub interface to become available again before verifying that your problem has been resolved.

Note that a regular reboot of the hub does not restart the Z-Wave radio.

1 Like

Thanks for the quick reply. I did actually try this once already as well, but did forget to include it in my list above.

I will try it again tomorrow though and see what happens.

this happens to me whenever my yale locks batteries die, put new batteries in and zwave repair works again, weird, but tells me when to change the batteries

1 Like

Restoring a backup is not going to fix anything, you might as well go back to current database.
A regular reboot does not do anything to help the z-wave radio.

Do a full shut down and unplug for 30 seconds.
STOP doing multiple repairs, you might be making it worse by flooding the mesh.

Read this post below and provide the requested screenshots:

1 Like

I struggle for a while with zwave issues and found that one of the Arielโ€™s on the c8 was broken. I also found that if you goto setting/zwave you can disable the radio from the top left of the screen, wait a while and the enable zwave radio again. Not sure if this is supported method but seems to clear some of my issues

1 Like

Yeah that is another thing you can try is to swap the antennas, will tell you if one is broken.

Disabling the Z-wave radio does not shut it down. It might be giving it enough of a break to recover from whatever the issues is in your case, but a full electrical shut down is needed to actually restart it.

1 Like