EU version Fibaro Wall plugs not working with current driver

Multiple topics about this wall plug, which is the most used in Europe, are kept unanswered.
I frankly think this is a shame. If you want to have a footprint on EU-soil you need to do better in supporting devices that are widely used in Europe. The current driver ONLY supports the US-version (maybe also UK-version) of this wall plug but NOT the -by far- most commonly used type FGWPE - 102 ZW5 for the EU.
Please, please, please, provide a driver for this kind of plug. If you want to; give me an address where I can send you one of these plugs if you need this to write the driver and I will send it to you. Without a driver hundreds of Euro's are in a drawer gathering dust not onmy in my house but in the house of so many European Hubitat users. Thank You.

1 Like

The built in driver "should" work (switch or wall plug) The only thing you may not get is power consumption. (click configure anytime you switch a driver). You can also try the "Aeotec Smart Energy Switch" driver

I'll let @bcopeland chime in on this one.

I have a FGWPE - 101, if you press the button on the device, I get

[dev:4](http://10.74.72.132/logs#)2023-04-08 09:57:39.251 AM[debug](http://10.74.72.132/logs#)ignore: BasicSet(value:255)

[dev:4](http://10.74.72.132/logs#)2023-04-08 09:57:38.544 AM[debug](http://10.74.72.132/logs#)ignore: BasicSet(value:0)

But no on/off event is reported :frowning:

Hi there!

I feel your pain. I tried to get this solved over the last years but the driver was never changed or improved. I have still 16 of these plugs in drawers here but it seems Hubitat is not very much interested in it’s European customers…

1 Like

Have you tried any of the Fibaro drivers in Hubitat Package Manager? Switch drivers in some cases can work with outlets (since they're really just switches)

The UK version works fine with the Hubitat driver. I have 7 of them in my setup.

I don't think that Hubitat are disinterested with its European customers. However there's a difference in what's available in the EU/UK and US markets and that will clearly affect support. There's literally next to nothing available in the EU 868MHz frequency with a 700 series chip. All Fibaro (and other 868) tends to be 500 series. Getting a system up and running is no fun, having to faff around with Z Wave Controller for inclusion (but that's another topic and it's been covered numerous times...)

I think the z-wave availability alone is why uk/europe/most non us/canada areas use zigbee instead. More universal... Easier to get. I probably would be running more zigbee but during my initial foray into hubitat I was buying stuff left and right and ended up being z-wave devices. (I already had a ton of lutron stuff since I was coming from Wink)

1 Like

I think when I started a few years ago I wanted to standardise with one mesh. I realise the whole point of HE is its ability to bring together multiple technologies, but it’s just the way my (dis)organised mind works. One of the first things to automate was curtains and all the shutter modules available were Z Wave so that’s the way it goes. I may start migrating to Zigbee for dimmer modules in an attempt to speed up motion lighting (I’ll be posting a thread in the lounge as I have a query…..)

1 Like

I'm really not sure that this is true. Zigbee is (especially through the popularity of Philips Hue in EU) mostly used for lighting. Only a minority of EU customers use non-lighting Zigbee-devices like sensors and wall plugs etc. There about 80 % is z-wave. Non lighting devices in Zigbee are hard to find and get in the EU. That is my experience anyway.

Even through places like Aliexpress?

Whoops... Aliexpress would not be my preferred online store. In my region (EU) it has a bad reputation.

Hi,
I live in Sweden and use the following Fibaro wall plugs without any problems using built in driver "Fibaro Wall plug", devices has been running for about 480 days and on/off and power reporting work fine.
Two older FGWPE/F-102 ZW5 with MSR: 010F-0602-1001 - manufactured 2017
Z-wave alliance info
One newer FGWPE/F-102 ZW5 with MSR: 010F-0602-1003 - Manufactured 2020
Z-wave alliance info

I have had some problems sometimes with slow Z-wave network/mesh but that has not seem to be related to these devices, but other powered devices reporting to much.