EU - Lidl smart home

I think regardless of which plug (Either the first, second or third) it makes a whining noise so probably not a program issue rather than the unit itself, I think I will take it back and ask for a replacement to see how it goes. Will report back tomorrow when I get a replacement :+1:

Found this documentation for the TUYA lights and sockets:

If you download the compliance document, it appears to go in depth into some of the zigbee features supported by the devices, maybe of use to developers.

1 Like

Got white GU10 and socket, paired very fast. The gu10 is so much quicker than ikea gu10 on hubitat.

The sockets work great and cheap as chips, does anyone know how to fade, change colour of LED strip light?

Probably less use to you than you'd like, but I've successfully homed it into a Hue hub with no hassle, which makes me think everything is quite vanilla/standard, in terms of ZigBee implementation.

Have you tried the Generic Component RGBW driver? Or Generic Zigbee RGBW Light driver?

I can confirm that all three Lidl devices that I bought here in Germany work flawlessly with the following drivers already available with HE

3 Socket power extension with 4 USB Ports

Driver: Nue Zigbee Switch (4 Child devices are created after you hit configure in the driver after installation. Three switches for the 3 power sockets and a forth without functionality, assuming that is for the 4 USB ports that are always powered on when the extension cable is connected to the mains

Motion detector

Driver: Generic Zigbee Motion Sensor (no temp)

SilverCraft Zigbee Switch:

Driver: Nue Zigbee Switch (Child devices are created but work better and faster that the Generic Zigbee Switch driver)

4 Likes

Not sure if you found this already, but you can try using this. however, I found that I cannot change the level properly. it kinda stuck on 89. but if I change it back to generic zigbee, I can change the level

The issue is that the strip prefers XY color commands, which Hubitat doesn't support natively. The IKEA driver converts the HSL values from Hubitat to XY which the strip understands.

The best solution is to fusion the Generic driver with the IKEA, which should give us a working driver for these devices.

Hi All,

Just wondering if anyone got a working driver yet?

For which bit in particular?

Just a warning about the colour bulbs. Their colours are (currently) very very dim, in comparison to Philips bulbs.

I am comparing E27 bulbs, LIDL Livornolux "2300K-6500K and Colour" HG06106C vs Philips Hue "white and color" 9290012573A.

On the other hand, their whites are significantly brighter, over the full range of the dimmer. So e.g. the Lidl set to warm white at 100%, is brighter than Philips. But so is the warm white when dimmed to 1%. However, when you switch to colour (say orange), the Lidl bulb can go much dimmer than the Philips. A color on Philips set to 1% roughly equals Lidl on 10%.

So before you buy the Lidl bulbs for use with colour, do some youtubing. I wouldn't recommend it currently. I would recommend them over Philips for using whites though, ...not only because of the price.

1 Like

While I am at it, reporting performance, let me add the following subjective findings.

You might be happy to hear that the Lidl Livorno bulbs turn on in their last colour+brightness setting. When wire powered off and on. I don't own the Lidl hub, so this happens by default out of the box.

About the Lidl Silvercrest motion sensor. Most importantly you need to know that once motion is detected, the state will remain active for 1 minute after there is no motion anymore. This is actually stated in their documentation somewhere and I doubt it is settable even if you have the hub (let me know if I'm wrong). It seems to be performing okay, but not above average. The detection angle seems to do justice to the reported 90 degrees. But it seems to "look downwards", meaning it matters how you orientate it. Motion detection is not the fastest when walking towards it (can be judged from the red led). Slow (walking) movement takes longer to be detected than more obvious movements. The performance is very similar, to my experience with, Ikea motion sensors, in case you know these. Not recommendable for large spaces, nor tiny hallways. With the latter use case, you will have traversed the space before your lights go on..
They carry a strange battery (CR123A). I do like them however, their price is great, and I now use them to trigger my stair lights.

The Lidl Silvercrest contact sensor works great. Detection is rather instant, and the separation distance is good and constant. I haven't used wireless contact sensors before, so that's all from me.

I ran into more Lidl Smart Home products in my local store: an outdoor wall light and a door bell (without video). And checking the web, I found out that apparently also an outdoor garden light/spot was added to the collection, next to an indoor 'mood light' and 'light bar'.

Here you can find an early review of these: https://allhomecinema.com/review-lidl-smart-home-mood-light-garden-light-door-bell-and-more/

AverageJoe90, thanks for sharing this with the community I was wondering how to get this smartstrip to work.

2 Likes

I haven’t had the smart strip so wouldn’t know sorry. Hopefully someone else maybe able to help?

Is it the LED strip you mean?

Hey, i also bought the silvercrest motion sensor. However, i cant seem to get it to work would someone be so kind to guide me through the setup process. I am super new to all of this so any help will be appreciated.
Thanks in advance!

Okay i got it to work the driver is as mentioned above the generic zigbee motion sensor (no temp). The crutial bit of information was the 1 minute active time. it never changed from the active state in my test because i didnt wait long enough to turn inactive.

@AverageJoe90
I installed a Lidl power strip last week using the inbuilt Nue Zigbee Switch.
Things were OK for a couple of days but I've noticed a gradual decline in the response time of my zigbee devices on my network.
I'm just wondering if you have experienced the same issue.
I've temporarily powered it down to see if things pick up but thought I would just ask the question.

I have the 3 gang plug socket which has been plugged in for around a week. My Hub did deleted all of my rule machine rules but obviously cannot attribute it to that.
Can honestly say I haven't seen any slow down but then my device network is only around 60 ish devices?