Error while trying to add Philips Hue Bridge

Hi,

Just got my Hubitat today and thought I would start with my Hue Bridge.

However I failed to get it working! SOmewhat worried now as I failed at the first hurdle!

Anyway - I installed the Hue Bridge App and it found the bridge. I selected it and then pressed "next". I was asked to press the button on the Hue Bridge which I did. I then pressed "done" and was greeted with the following:-

Unexpected Error

An unexpected error has occurred trying to load the app. Check Logs for more information.

Error: Cannot get property 'value' on null object

EDIT: I thought I would add the log entries

app:332019-05-23 18:33:10.740 errorjava.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot get property 'value' on null object (mainPage)

app:332019-05-23 18:32:56.566 errorjava.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot get property 'value' on null object (mainPage)

app:332019-05-23 18:23:57.457 errorjava.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot get property 'value' on null object (bulbDiscovery)

app:332019-05-23 18:22:37.576 traceFound bridge uuid:f6543a06-da50-11ba-8d8f-xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

app:332019-05-23 18:22:25.254 debugInitializing

ANy ideas please - I'm stuck here.

What was in the logs? Should be an error message or something in there... Should post that, too.

Added to original post......

Yeah, that's weird... I don't have any bright ideas, but I'm sure someone the is more intimate with the Hue integration will be along shortly.

Is there anyone out there who can help please?

If I cannot get this fixed I will have to just return the hub and forget it. I have tried emailing support but as yet I have not received a reply.

Thanks
Mike

This is exactly what happened to me. My first act was to connect my Hue to HE and it failed in the same way. As odd as it may sound, my problem was using Safari on an iPad. I used Chrome on a desktop and it connected properly and immediately. I’m not sure what the issue with yours is but take this for what it’s worth.

Thanks but I have already tried different browsers and different platforms to no avail.

By now it probably needs a reset but I understand you can't do that by yourself; it needs help from support.

Did you ever figure this out? It's happening to me now with a bridge I've used successfully before. I've already added two bridges, but with the third I keep getting this same error message.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.