Error When Trying to Edit Rule Machine Rule

Any ideas, I get this error when trying to edit a rule:

2020-03-16 07:43:28.670 am errorjava.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot get property 'rule' on null object on line 2422 (selectActions)

cannot provide a direct answer as to why, however you will see many people recommend not editing rules and instead making them over from scratch to avoid potential problems/glitches with the rules.

So im going to suggest deleting that rule and making it over. Sorry I cant be of more help

That is what I am doing :slight_smile:

Did you click on the back button at any time before returning back to the Apps List? That is usually indicative of when you an open menu item that is dangling out there that you never finished the selection of.

2 Likes

Actually yes I did lol.

1 Like

Don't do that. Now you need to delete that rule and start over... DO NOT USE THE BACK BUTTON :slight_smile:

2 Likes

And to think, those words actually appear every time you create a new rule. :wink:

1 Like

4 Likes

Unfortunately it's like the CDC telling you not to touch your nose. I know better and have done it anyway.

4 Likes

Congratulations. Let me shake your hand. :wink:

5 Likes

Yes, it is impossible not to do it once (or twice) :slight_smile:

Can anyone help me? - How can I set the clicking of a tile as a trigger for the rule machine?
To give some context, I'm using the LG driver and want to be able to get a trigger working where I can change the TV volume.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.