Error importing RM

While we're on import problems, importing conditionals involving modes just turns them all into FALSE. You can edit them to restore the specifics, but perhaps (when you're not busy :smiley: ) they could be added to the list of things to be replaced upon importing.

What do you mean by "turns them all into FALSE"? That's a UI display and does not necessarily reflect the actual state. When imported, the rule hasn't done anything, hasn't run, hasn't evaluated any condition, etc, it's only been copied from the JSON file.

OK, here's an example rule with mode usage:

Exporting this and then importing it into another hub yields this:

The modes have been de-selected in both the "IF NOT Mode in" conditional and in the "Wait for event".

OK, I see. I'll look into it.

1 Like

Are the modes on the other hub, the one being imported to, IDENTICAL to the ones on the exporting hub? When I try this importing to the origin hub it works fine. Modes are tricky in that they have hidden id numbers, and Rule Machine uses these to reference the modes. This is so that if you change the name of a mode, it will carry through that name change into a rule. So, when moving a rule to a new hub, it's carrying over that internal id number, and there is no way for RM to know what difference there might be on the destination hub with respect to the modes. I think this one just needs to be documented, i.e., check anything in a rule that involves modes and correct as needed.

1 Like

IFAIK, the modes are identical on all my hubs, established on each in the exact same order. They certainly might have different local IDs.

Documentation, yes, or perhaps Modes just need to be added to the current list of "Device Replacements".

I don't know why it didn't work for you. I just moved a rule from one hub to another and the modes came across as expected.

1 Like

K, thanks - I appreciate you taking the time to look into it.

I just used the export/import to move my lock controller from my c7 (radios on) to my c5 (radios off) connected via hub mesh.

WOW !! AMAZING !!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.