ERIA Wireless ZigBee DImmer

Be warned that, in my experience, they also take about 5-10 seconds after a hub reboot to send their first button press, so if you just applied a hub firmware update (or rebooted for any reason), you might think it is dead the first time you try it. :slight_smile: I'm hoping the battery lasts a while in these. I'm hoping the battery will last quite a while--I have some Hue Dimmers from when they were first released, probably about 4 years ago, and I have yet to replace a battery in one. Hopefully this one will be similar.

it should be, they only transmit when a button is pressed.

Surprised more people are not using these since it's like a Pico without the need for a Lutron Smart Bridge Pro. Are there any down sides to these besides no battery power reporting?

Yes--they only send a released event after a held event, and you have to hold the buttons down for what seems like forever (around 2 seconds) to get a held. In my experience, this makes them frustrating for use with "hold to dim"-style dimming. A Pico supports two configurations on Hubitat, one of which allows pushed and released events for a regular button press, so you can, for example, press and hold buttons 2 or 4 on a 5-button Pico to dim while held and have it respond much faster.

Some people have also found the Eria to have a delay if they haven't been used for a while, but I get that with Picos too after any hub restart, so they're about equal in that regard. And if you get a lot, the Pico is actually cheaper (Pro Bridge = $100, Pico = $13, so 11 would cost $243; for comparison, 11 Erias would be $20 * 11 = $220, with one or so more you'd about break even, assuming full price for all).

2 Likes

Thanks for commenting. I wondered about the performance of these myself. I don't really like the look of them personally,. They seem like they are better in some ways then the old Lutron Connected Bulb Remote, of which I have 6 still in use with my Hue Bridge. In other ways they remind me of the Hue Remote, of which I have only, one and don't really like it very much. But I do keep them all in use for one very important reason...2am database maintenance. I would be sleeping on the couch if I put a Pico in my bedroom or the bathroom as the sole light control. Wish there was a better answer than this, but I haven't found one.

For a device that supports pushed, held and released this is the correct order of operations, most hold operation timeouts are built into the device and can't be changed.

I don't recall the hold on these being 2 seconds, but I could be wrong.

Does hold and release work on all 4 buttons or only the arrow buttons?

Just the arrow buttons, I think hold on the top button puts it into touch link join mode, or some other zigbee networking function...

1 Like

Shameless bump.
Just bought one of these switches, and looks realy nice.
Only problem: I just cannot seem to get a good link with this switch.
It pairs, but comes up as "device".
When I manually set it to "Eria Dimmer Switch", nothing happened.
No current state, and no buttons received.

Am I doing something wrong here?

Output from system logging:

dev:6772020-12-04 21:28:58.192 infofingerprint profileId:"0104", endpointId:"01", 
inClusters:"0000,0003,1000,FCCC", outClusters:"0003,0004,0006,0008,1000,FCCC", 
model:"AduroLight_NCC", manufacturer:"ADUROLIGHT" 
dev:6772020-12-04 21:28:57.931 traceZCL version:02
dev:6772020-12-04 21:28:57.925 traceSoftware Build Id:v0.0.4
dev:6772020-12-04 21:28:57.923 traceModel:AduroLight_NCC
dev:6772020-12-04 21:28:57.922 traceManufacturer:ADUROLIGHT
dev:6772020-12-04 21:28:57.802 debuggetting info for unknown Zigbee device...
dev:6772020-12-04 21:28:55.758 debugconfigure() called...

Try hitting "Configure" and see if that helps. Looks like you may have already or the driver called it automatically, but it can't hurt to do again. (You won't see anything happen visibly here, except in logs, but there's pretty much no need to check.) It sounds like you've also already hit "Save Device," but if you haven't tried "Save Preferences," that might help if the above (which you'll probably need to do so the device actually sends button events to the hub) still doesn't get you "numberOfButtons" under "Current States" on the device page (which you'll need to use it with most apps).

If all else fails, maybe make sure the battery is still good? I know it came with one that shouldn't be discharged, but it's easy enough to rule out that way.

Tried configure, save prefrences, re-pairing, the works.
Nothing seems to help.
After I re-pair, it comes up within a second with the switch, but there the fun seems to stop.

sys:12020-12-04 22:00:39.918 infoZigbee Discovery Stopped
sys:12020-12-04 21:59:51.570 infoFound Previously Joined Zigbee Device Adurosmart 

Just to be sure, I replaces the battery after first attempt, but nothing...

Note added: Even one of my repeaters sees the switch:
Route Table Entry
status:Active, age:0, routeRecordState:0, concentratorType:None, [Adurosmart , 6910] via [Repeater 1, 1F77]

And nothing happens when you press any of the buttons? If you check the "Events" button/tab on the device page, you should see a history of recent events, like "pushed," "held," or "released" for buttons you've used. (It's hard to tell this from the device page itself.) I see Mike is typing now and he'll probably have better ideas. :smiley:

looks like they changed the fingerprint for this device, i'll add it to the driver.
unlike most other zigbee devices, these really do sleep.

in order to get it working until the driver is updated, click configure in the driver at the same time you click one of the buttons on the device, it should stay awake long enough to get the config commands.

Yes they do! If mine haven't been used in 24 hours, I usually have to push button once to wake it up then the 2nd press does something. I just got another one last week and it paired as Eria Dimmer Switch.

I wish there was a way to send a wake up command to devices like this every 6-12 hours like polling non-Zwave Plus devices.

I tried Mike, no luck :frowning:
The dimmer itself shows a nice green light when I press one of the buttons, but no logging in the device.

If you need more info, let me know.

If we do another hot fix for 2.2.4, ill make sure this update is in there, otherwise it wont be oit until 2.2.5.

1 Like

Sad to report this, but the AduroSmart ERIA dimmer switch still dos not work with the newest update.
It reports 4 buttons when pairing, but what ever I press, non of the buttons are reported in Hubitat.

the fingerprint update was included in 2.2.4, when you include the device does it now select the ERIA Dimmer Switch driver?

Mike,

Yes, it shows the correct driver now upon pairing, but after pairing not one press of a button is shown in the hub’s logging.
No actions want to run on button press.

When I pair the switch to my hue bridge, all buttons work normally and I can switch lights with it.
So the switch itself seems fine, and just a Hubitat issue.