Envisalink Integration

Need some help with integrating my Envisalink Duo to Hubitat.

I added the drivers and app then setup the parameters. Nothing - no logging, events, or anything else. All the zones and the device showed-up fine, (Edit: my alarm panel is a DSC Power 832)

Deleted everything and started over today. Everything seemed to setup fine, and there were some initial and follow-on events logged early after the setup.

Setup a dashboard and tried a few commands just to see if things were working. Issued a disarm all command, and got the following message in the log:

Clearly something seems to be wrong or missing, but I have no idea where to go from here.

I'd like to use the dashboard, and trigger some lights from the virtual contact sensors that were setup.

Thanks for any ideas.

Might want to hop over here to the main thread for more troubleshooting info.

https://community.hubitat.com/t/envisalink-integration/

I have a DSC Alarm with an Envisalink (EVL3). After reading the various integration blogs and Hubitat Envisalink Integration documentation @ (GitHub - bdwilson/hubitat_envisalink: Integration for Hubitat to Envisalink 3 or 4), I installed the Envisalink Integration Application and Drivers (Envisalink Connection and Virtual GlassBreak Detector). After I loaded the Envisalink Integration application, I configured the ELV3's (Local) IP, Password = "User", my Master Code, selected the Alarm Type = DSC and added my Zone layout. I see a virtual parent device and child zones in the Habitat Devices. Unfortunately, I am unable to arm/disarm the alarm, it doesn't appear that the Habitat is communicating with the ELV3 and the Zone statuses are not updating.

Any suggestions from the community?

Envisalink Virtual Device Logs Telenet Input Stream Closed

I see on your device page under state variables that the arm state is arming-away, as if it is trying to arm. Can you try arming/disarming from the Envisalink mobile app or the website? Maybe this will clear it.

I do note that there is a recent post from someone who has been using Envisalink (telnet version) for a while and is currently having issues. Maybe the issues are related. Here is the post...Envisalink Integration no longer working

Edit: One other option to try is to reboot the Envisalink...under Settings>>General Settings in the mobile app or website. Also, make sure you have the correct IP address of your Envisalink module. It sounds like it could be some sort of network issue.

I just replied to another thread about some issues for another member.

Hi dnickel,

Happy New Year.

Not sure if its part of the problem, I log into my EVL3 through the EyezOn application. Is there a Envisalink login or is that same thing?

When I check my EyezOn Account and Mobile Application settings I do not see TPI Settings/Status or if the TPI Sessions are Enabled. I did open a support ticket through EyezON. Could I be looking in the wrong place and/or could that be a EVL4 (only) feature?

Thanks. I tried a reboot in the EyezOn Mobile Application. In addition, I verified that I used the Local IP from my EyezOn Account page and Mobile Application in the Envisalink Integration Application. Because I could not TPI Settings/Status or if the TPI Sessions are Enabled in my EVL3, I opened a EyezOn Support ticket.

1 Like

FWIW...I am running the EVL4 and I could not find the TPI status settings that @dnickel refers to, either on the mobile app or the webpage.

Could be an EVL3 thing; never seen what EVL4 shows.
You definitely need the TPI connection though.
Look in the logs, do you get these entried quite often?
My app opens and closes the Telnet port 2-4 hours.

dev:1522023-12-31 14:41:33.601warntelnet input stream closed

Envisalink responded to my ticket and clarified that the TPI Status/Options is displayed in the NETWORK page on the local interface. You have to enter the Local IP of your Envisalink device in your browser. The default login Username and Password are "user". Although my TPI Session is Enabled, EnvisaLink TPI Status is "Offline". For some reason, I am unable to reboot the EVL3 and opened another ticket to see what I maybe doing wrong.

1 Like

I found rebooting never worked as far as I remember.
I had to remove the power and let it do a full restart.

Ok, Because it didn't appear in my Envisalink logs that the EVL3 was rebooting, I was able to get Envisalink to confirm that they are able to see my EVL3 reboots logged in the telemetry and reboots do not appear in the customer logs. Attached are my Envisalink logs that show "telnet input stream closed" are appearing almost every 15 seconds.

Sorry, I forgot to mention, I did remove the power and let it do a full restart. Unfortunately, no change.

I really do hate when I don't make notes.
When I have the TPI satatus not ONLINE after the power up I think I unticked EWnable TPI, hit change and then re-enabled it and rebooted the hub so the Envisalink app started comms again.
But, :frowning: I'm not really sure if that's what I had to do. It only goes out every 1-2 years.