"Enhanced Security Measures" / Remote Access in 2.2.9 Update

I get the point. However, there should be an option to disable this behavior with a big warning that you should know what you are doing before proceeding. User choice should be maintained with encouragement to follow security best practices. My setup required a client certificate in order for the connection to be completed by my reverse proxy and this change has broken it. One of the reasons I moved from Smartthings to Hubitat was so I could spend more time using it and less time fixing it. I had it all setup so that I only had to tap once on a home screen icon to bring up my dashboard regardless of where I was in the world. Now I need to be connected to my home network or start a VPN, start the Hubitat app, pick the right dashboard and then I can use it. Home automation needs to be painless to use in order to be effective.

1 Like

No kidding. They should removed the functionality with no other option.
I say get rid of remote access service and local network access as well. Oh and lock out vpn server too. Hell, remove the IP to the hub too. That will show them to be greedy!

4 Likes

I don't know. How stupid does one have to be to be unable to to setup a free service like a personal VPN server like OpenVPN or WireGuard, or Chrome Remote Desktop, or a myriad of other free options for remote access?

8 Likes