Enhance Zigbee Network Graph - embed Signal Strength inference in connecting "line type"?

Not sure if this has been brought up before but I don't see it has.

Wondering if it might be reasonable and not too onerous to apply a link quality in the existing colored lines connecting devices in this display. Some Signal Strength cutoffs based on prevailing opinion could be used to surmise the cutoff thresholds for say, three levels?.

This could be a useful add to the graphic to further understand your mesh and where it could be strengthened and/or where there are intermittent communications problems.

It seem this should be cumulatively assessed over some duration of time that is longer than the 5 second update cycle...but maybe not...I haven't thought this through.

For example:

Connection Quality

Good = Solid line (as currently used)
Adequate = Dash Dot
Poor = Dash Dot Dot

2 Likes

Maybe you haven't seen this newer community Zigbee map?

Developer is very active...

3 Likes

Yeah, that's probably been subliminally floating around in my head.

Thanks for the reminder. Age old question, where should this stuff be...in the core toolkit or the Community adds.

2 Likes

I tend to look at it as a 98% v 2% issue. The core should address at least 98% of the target population’s need, the last 2% is where the community may want to step in.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.