Enable/Disable Devices from RM

Is this possible? If not, can it be added?

Usage:

I have several Hue and LIFX bulbs that are on a physical switch. When the switch is off, it floods the log with warnings that they can't be contacted. I'd like to create a rule that will enable the device when the switch is on, and disable them when the switch is off.

Sounds to me like the physical switch needs to be replaced with a smart switch.

either way, if it cuts power to the bulb, the bulb will register offline.

I could hardwire the socket and use a Pico to control the bulb, but trying to avoid that for safety reasons.

Fair enough. Have you considered a Lutron Aurora instead of a Pico. The thread I linked to has a driver for them from @bertabcd1234.

Not knowing the direction I want to go yet with switches, I bought enough of these to cover every switch in the house and use automation (mostly motion and voice commands) to turn the lights on and off:

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B07912QK18/

With Inovelli's new Red Series On/Off switches you can disable the relay so it stays on and then the switch is used as a button controller in Hubitat so you can have it turn on/off the bulbs. I could still have the air-gap switch to shutoff power to the sockets or change the relay settings via the device page temporarily to disable the sockets if needed.

1 Like

Thanks for the suggestions guys, but both still control a physical switch. I have no problem with the switch being there. The switch really doesn't even directly control the power. It acts as a trigger for a Fibaro relay stashed in the box.

And really, the warning in the log isn't that big of a deal...

2019-11-27 01:51:34.150 am warnError occured with UDP message: SocketTimeoutException: Receive timed out

It's just an annoyance that I could get rid of if I was able to control if the light is enabled/disabled in Hubitat with a rule.

I just ordered an Inovelli switch and dimmer. I haven't gotten any of there stuff since way back when Eric kicked it off. I'm excited to see how par they have progressed.