Elevated and Severe Hub Loads with v2.3.4

I have been using the HomeKit integration since it was out publicly and have had no issues. I only had this issue once I moved from 2.3.4.130 to 2.3.4.134, so something happened with the changes between those versions for my hub to start having load issues. This load issue is certainly not normal. Usually a warning like this indicates something run amok on the hub, often a custom driver or app. In this case, it seems to be some weird bug in the core software itself, possibly in relation to a certain configuration. This is only speculation, and it looks like the Habitat devs are working on tracking the exact cause down.

If you have had an older firmware version on your hub and are concerned about the issues you can roll back to a prior release. In the UI you can go to Settings -> Diagnostic Tool or you can connect to port 8081 on the hub. You'll need to put in the MAC that's printed on the bottom of the hub as a safety precaution. Once in, you can roll back to an earlier firmware version.

5 Likes

Hopefully .136 will be released soon. I haven’t had a single issue since updating to it.

1 Like

Would be nice to know what they found/did?

3 Likes

It sure would, I’m very curious too.

Elevated load still here for me with 2.3.4.137. After reboot the condition appears within 1 1/2 hours.

Im on 134 ( no updates show available ) and I zero no “load errors” till yesterday when I opened a second window with the logs and checked for a Zigbee device update. The red flag came up and now 24 hours later I’m getting the “ radios May be disabled “ flag.

O wonder if it has something to do with it incesantly trying firmware updates. I did notice previously that once you start one it keeps trying/retrying and there seems no way to cancel it.

Are you using hub mesh?

No mesh for me.

I'm also having this issue and I'm interested in trying the beta as well as I just realized I can only rollback to .132 in the 2.3.4 series. I'm using hub mesh between a C-5 and a C-7 (switched to TCP after seeing that mentioned but issue still persists in .134 and .132). I also do not use HomeKit integration.

Also, I have a new C-7 that's still in the box and I want to set it up this weekend (actually have some time to do so). Will I be able to get the beta firmware on that as well or should I just try it with the current firmware available?

@support_team

Strange - I've found the 136/137 beta's to be rock solid and all my issues have gone away.

1 Like

Hoping that beta goes to production soon. My zwave radio crashed after the severe hub load (again) so needed to shutdown, unplug and restart. It’s a pain.

1 Like

What about homekit integration?

Same issue here.

.134 would occasionally spike levels high enough to throw a high CPU error. History then revealed it would bounce all around. Usually took a few days to get there from reboot. I rolled back to .132 and now no issues. This has happened to me before with certain releases, and I find if I am patient it usually gets resolved in the next release.

1 Like

2.3.4.134 here with severe load. I've sent my hub ID to one of the admins. Just chiming in to signal

Next 2.3.4 update, currently in beta, has a fix for at least some of the scenarios causing elevanted hub loads.

13 Likes

You can ignore my issue. I had HomeKit (no 1 hour restart). Somewhere the hub "recovered". I've since deleted HK as a general clean up as I don't use the native integration. I mistakenly posed this in a non-beta thread anyway.

2 Likes

I've noticed that my C-5's free memory gradually decreases while the DB size gradually increases. When the free memory gets down to a certain level then I get the severe load message. I have an RM rule to warn me when it gets below 250 MB. A reboot fixes it for a while. Right now I'm a couple of days between reboots, which is annoying but not drastic. I'm hoping that new release comes out soon.

Commenting so I'm notified of updates. My hub load is often "elevated" recently as well

You should be able to run it down to below 200Mb before seeing any issues. Some people have reported issues starting below 200Mb but personally I have not seen any before. In theory 200Mb of mem is plenty to keep going, my router constantly only has about 30mb free.

1 Like