Elevated and Severe Hub Loads with v2.3.4

If someone has similar issues on latest firmware (2.3.4.127 as of time of writing), please post here or PM me. I've done some internal tweaks and would like to confirm whether the issue still persists.

2 Likes

Thanks for looking in to this, I would try updating one of the hubs and testing this, but I'm not able to do so at the moment. Should be okay to try in a couple of weeks if nobody else has given it a whirl.

1 Like

I’m not getting elevated loads, however my primary hub is still dropping below 250k memory free after only about 24 hours.

If I let it get below 220k, all rules etc start failing to run on time etc.

Mine still dop down to below 200 and everything runs ok..so it is not just a memory issue.

Im running into severe load also with no real changes to my setup. Is a fix on the way.

I dowgraded mine to 2.3.3.140 which solved the overload issue but now having this problem again Predicate condition is true but system think's it's false - #19 by makirules

Sighhh

Urgh, is this hub overload problem still a thing for people?

Not seeing it being reported, but YMMV.

Can you PM me the hub id? I can take a look at the engineering logs on the hub. No need to bump it back 2.3.4, if there's something in the logs it would be there from previous runs.

Sorry @gopher.ny and @birdslikewires

I had previously rolled back because of the severe load problem. Last night I updated to 2.3.4.133 and don't have any overload errors yet. I'm hoping it doesn't resurface but if it does, I'll report back.

As far as the other issue goes, I think I better make a new thread since it's completely unrelated.

2 Likes

I haven’t seen severe loads since upgrading to .133

1 Like

My C7 with 2.3.4.133 locked up last night. I rebooted normally, and it seemed OK after that.

Today I came up to an unresponsive hub. I needed to use SafeMode to reboot. Logs indicate it was frozen for 2 hours. Within 5 minutes I got the Severe overload warning. Nothing in the logs - either before or after the reboot - really stands out as any culprit to cause the lockup.

I just reverted to 2.3.3.140 and will follow this thread.

Severe load is back. PMing you the ID

On 2.3.4.126, getting low memory, updating to 2.3.4.133 right now.

I came home to a dark house again tonight. Completely frozen on 2.3.3.140.... So, I guess that wasn't a fix.

Any ideas on a fix here?

Probably start a new thread to describe in more detail what’s going on with your hub.

Since reverting to a 2.3.3.x version of the hub firmware had no effect on your issue, it’s presumably something else that’s causing your hub to freeze.

3 Likes

Can you PM me the hub id? I'll take a look at the engineering logs on the hub.

2.3.4.134 is out with a possible fix. Most of the hubs I've looked at had one particular issue, and it should be addressed. I'm using words "possible" and "should" until it's confirmed on users' hubs and not in a testing environment, but please give it a try.

10 Likes

Looks like it's a nogo for me. Updated to 2.3.4.134 and the issue continues. It did seem to resolve, but immediately after the mode manager switched to night, the errors began again. I do seem to see a pattern that the issue stops if I reboot, and restarts when the mode changes. I'm guessing this is related to the mode manager perhaps? But I also noticed the value in the log for the Severe Hub CPU load is detected errors out at 2.73. That certainly seems low?

Thats about 70% of the theoretical maximum (although I’ve seen a load of 5 when I accidently created a really tight infinite loop in some code), and normally I see an average load of 0.1 or about 2%. Sense you say you think it happens when you change modes, have you tried removing Mode Manager and then reinstalling it?