Eero WiFi mesh network and Hubitat

What platform version is running on your Hubitat?

I believe that’s a feature in version 2.2.4.x, which is currently in beta test.

1 Like

I believe this is for 'Hub Mesh' which is introduced in 2.2.4.
I assume you are on the beta programme for firmware upgrades.

EDIT: What @aaiyar said. :wink:

1 Like

Yes, I'm an ActionTiles beta tester, which I think enrolled us in beta on the HE side too.
That said, anyone know what said switch is intended to do?

1 Like

If you have 2 or more HE hubs on the same lan, you can 'mesh' them together.
This will allow you to share your device/s across your hubs for control from any hub. (I believe this is how it will work).

EDIT: Is there a built in app called Hub Mesh or something similar?

1 Like

Thanks for clarifying bobbles, as to the built in app. No such app yet it would appear.

1 Like

Maybe it doesn't need one.
Just activate the feature on the device and it gets shared. Do you have more than one hub?
Would be interested to see if activating the feature automatically shares it/defines it on another hub.

Yeah I do, a ST v2 - trying to get away from it as fast as I can though :slight_smile: I do however have a UZB stick set up as a secondary controller. I'll check with that one.

I was thinking about an HE hub. Should have been clearer.
Not to worry. I'm sure it will be explained how it works when the the firmware is formally released.

2 Likes

He’s not talking about device connections silly he’s talking about network connection

You do realise you've responded to a 17 month old post right?

3 Likes

Might make sense to close this thread due to inactivity (other than necro-posting, which doesn’t count, and is actually a reason why inactive threads should be closed automatically IMHO :slightly_smiling_face:).

@bobbyD

5 Likes