Editing rules?

I just want to be sure I'm not imagining things. When I go to edit a rule, is it possible to actually edit a single line? For example, if I have a test like:

If BathroomTemp < 70, then....

Is it possible later to edit that line to:

If BathroomTemp < 72, then....

Meaning, is there a way to select that part and change "70" to "72"? I'm finding that I have to delete that part of the rule and create it again. I thought that previously I could actually just select and change the "70" to "72". These are newly-created 5.1 rule machine rules.

Should be a drop down that says edit action. Select that drop down and all the lines of the rule should appear, select the line you want to edit.

1 Like

Yes, conditions can be edited, but it is a bit tricky the first time.

Conditions are stored in a different area. From the ā€œActions to runā€ section, you will need to go to the bottom and click on the ā€œManage Conditionsā€ box. You will see your condition in the box.

When in there, you can edit the condition by selecting it from the ā€œEdit conditionā€ drop down box.

Once it is updated, it will be automatically updated in the rule. Sometimes it doesnā€™t display immediately, so just exit out of the ā€œAction to runā€ area by clicking ā€œDoneā€ until you are out, and come back in and you will see the updated condition.

Hope this helps!

3 Likes

And even better to use a local or hub variable.

How does this work for required expressions? Ah, looks like the same. I'll play with it, but I think this is what I needed. Thanks.

1 Like

Yup, as you discovered, itā€™s the same principal.