Ecolink Zwave Flood Senor

Nice! :+1:

1 Like

@JasonJoel , I must also thank you. This is working great for me as well. I'm glad I stumbled upon this thread. I have one of these in my crawlspace, so it's nice to see it's doing okay without having to physically check it.

1 Like

what driver are you using for those changes.. i currently am using the generic zwave water sensor as that is what it paired with i believe

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/jonathanm8/hubitat/main/ecolinkflood

1 Like

I'm brand new to hubitat so I'll apologize in advance if I ask something covered elsewhere. My setup is a Jasco zwave switch as a repeater and two of these ecolink zwave flood /freeze sensors. I added the custom driver mentioned in this post and selected it for the device but the device only shows the flood state and doesn't show the freeze state. Did I do something wrong, or does the driver only support the freeze indicator?

No don’t worry you didn’t do anything wrong. The marketing of these sensors is very misleading. It doesn’t report on the “freezing” temp. It’s unclear what it does if a freeze is detected. The manual says if it’s freezing it will turn the light on (BTW it could take up to 30mins to detect it). I like these because they have a cable that lets me put the unit in a different place than the leak.

It looks like it just returns a freeze or no freeze value

1 Like

I guess the driver isn’t grabbing that info. You can try other drivers out there. Just because it’s written for a different device doesn’t mean it won’t work for this. Be ware of the freeze part. I’m not sure how reliable it is. Before I bought mine everyone was complaining about it. I just wanted a water sensor. It works great for that.

Did you change the driver after this device was included? If you did, it is often recommended to hit the "Configure" button in the device's settings page.

The other way you could try it would be to have the driver in place first, then include the device so it (hopefully) chooses the correct driver from the start.

This is what the driver page looks like using the Ecolink driver

Does anyone have this working with the freeze part of the sensor? I realize it doesn't report the actual temperature, just whether freezing is detected or not, but all I see including the screenshots on this post is battery/tamper/water, not freeze

I’m a convert from smart things. I have 3 of these and in smart things have been using two of them a freeze sensors only in my refrigeratorsfreezers by using rboys driver. Like said above rboy says they only report above freezing. And below freezing. No temperature.
Has anyone used rboy driver in hubitat?
Yes I’m kinda new.