Ecoflow Integration

Nice work, know someone that might be interested.

May I suggest you do a separate thread for the release of this driver for all to find in the Developers- Code Share section. Also easier to find when the Topic starts with something like [RELEASE] or [BETA] or whatever.

1 Like

I am using a D2 to power my UPS in my cottage utility room. I switched my APs and security cameras to POE and run Starlink so my load is normally around 85W. I use the D2 to allow shut down the house generator and still have house automation, and WiFi.

About a month ago my cottage power went out during a light snow fall and my Starlink went into antenna heat mode, jumping up to 150 watts. My D2 was done in under 6 hours but luckily I was monitoring the situation remotely and started the gen before my UPS shut down. Adding a Max EB took me to 3000 wh and should fix that situation.

Running in EPS mode concerned me as a shut down of the D2 would take my system down. And that could happen even when I HAVE grid power as the UPS power has to flow through the D2. To circumvent that, I added a smart NO/NC power relay before my UPS so hubitat can select grid power or battery power to the UPS. Habitat also has inputs for UPS has supply power and UPS battery low. So now if the D2 shuts down, it is automatically remove from the system and the UPS is switched to grid power or generator power during a power outage.

I am working through the second full cycle of the D2 for calibration and the SOC looks much better.

Happy to hear the driver worked for you. Let me know if you have any driver suggestions. Hopefully Ecoflow adds some more control to their API. I'll reach out to them regularly and keep asking.

Yes my 10 minute talk with the Ecoflow guys was interesting. They are very reluctant to open up remote control of the devices outside of their application due to hacking etc. Many of their control systems are performing critical power tasks and a hacker could easily change parameters like charging states and could damage inverters, batteries, and maybe even start fires.

I would rank them right up there with security systems, once they are "rated" adding 3rd party integrations for controls would disqualify the rating of that system. I did get a suggestion by my friends on Android and Tasker. If the app has methods you may be able to call them via Tasker or another application. This would make Rube Goldberg proud.

1 Like

Great job on this! Thank you!

1 Like

Any possibility of adding battery temperatures? Would like to create some alerts. And again, thanks for this!

Sorry, I pulled all the info EF is willing to provide in their API.; It's very limited.

We need to keep the pressure on EF to add depth to their API. I'll do a manual run on the curl command every so often; if new data shows up, I'll update the driver. Do the same, and let me know if you see new stuff.

Feel free to point out anything strange or any ideas with the driver. Keep in mind the data I pulled is all the data EF is giving.

1 Like

There is only these elements in the return of the EcoFlow API.

{"soc":90,"remainTime":5999,"wattsOutSum":2,"wattsInSum":0}}

Not much you can do with it. I have been pushing them since June for more info in the API.

1 Like

Have you tried an MQTT connection with EF in order to get more operational data and maybe some control?

I haven't found anything that tells me they have a MQTT interface. If you more information on it please pass it on.

I've just installed this driver and got it working with my Delta Pro. It will allow me to switch on the mains power to top it up when it starts getting low during the day, which is fantastic.

Just wanted to say thank for your hard work @daryl678, you've saved me hours of head scratching!

2 Likes

Think about having a routine keep watch on the "code" variable. If this variable is not zero then the API is not connecting to the EF server. Add some code so this situation is fail safe.

1 Like

I have been working on an EcoFlow MQTT driver and have it controlling my D2 outputs and pulling a large list of data from the battery. Access via MQTT requires some special instructions to obtain your MQTT access keys. The author of the instructions has permitted me to share them, so I put them in the GitHub folder with the driver.

How well the driver works on the Delta pro is a TBD item. However, it has already been determined that the driver will NOT work with the EF River.

I will only list the driver under this thread until I get feedback from other Hubitat/Ecoflow users.

Thanks! I'll try that this week when work lets up. Really appreciate the hard work!

How to get client name and broker address?

Thanks!

There is a doc file in my shared folder and in the GitHub folder. You need to follow those instructions. It involves downloading and doing a one-time run on software called PowerShell.

I'll try that. Thanks! I deleted the original driver that had API key and secret key. Did I need to keep that one?

Wow, this looks super complicated to me and is above my pay grade.

You don't need the API log keys. I had never used PowerShell and it went ok for me. The instructions are well written.

When I launch powershell I get this and don't know how to to do this next step. 1. Copy/paste the following into a script file such as β€˜mycreds.ps1’

1. copy all of section 1. to windows notepad.
  2. edit the doc by adding your Ecoflow password and user email.
  3. Copy all of that edited text into Powershell and hit enter.
  4. New data is displayed - Copy it into a windows notepad file and save it for reference.
    It should look like this:
    Ecoflow User ID: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    Certificate (MQTT) User: app-xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    Certificate (MQTT) Password: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    URL: mqtt.ecoflow.com
    Port: 8883
    Protocol: mqtts
  5. copy/paste your MQTT keys into the corresponding hubitat driver fields.