Ecobee Integration

Just noticed this today..

Just looked in my log and I don’t see any of those messages. Mine has been good for some time now.

My ecobee integration quit working, and when I tried to re-authenticate I still get errors. I removed the app and reinstalled and still gives issues. If I use a browser I can get to my ecobee via the browser no issues so I am assuming it can't be an ecobee server issue nor a credentials issue. Here is the screenshot of the error after the second reinstall of the built-in app. What do I try next to get this back to working

It's the HTTP Status 500 - java.lang.NullPointerException

It is generally more helpful to provide the Live Logging status of the application and/or device handler, as you cannot replicate the execution environment doing HTTP calls to the Ecobee servers.

If you'd like to try an alternative Ecobee integration, see my Ecobee Suite. You can install it without removing your existing installation, although since it isn't working, I'd suggest removing it altogether.

Thanks for the reply. There isn't much live logging since I am loading the built-in Ecobee integration from scratch to try and solve the issue. It is a one line entry

You might want to double-check that oAuth is enabled for Ecobee Integration. If you upgrade your hub recently, you might want to go back a release.

Otherwise it looks like you will need support from the Hubitat staff.

not sure how you do that? I have deleted my ecobee integration app and have tried to reinstall but never get by the error.

I can easily login to my ecobee.com account online and view my ecobee. I went into my account and removed the Hubitat MyApp permission.

I installed your custom apps and driver and the same error occurs. I emailed support a couple days ago and waiting for a reply.

Could you please send me/post the Live Logging output for Ecobee Suite Manager?

And be sure that you have enabled OAuth for ES Manager

Well today I tried it again after a recent Hub change version: 2.1.2.117 and now it is allowing me to re-authenticate with ecobee. Go figure?!

Just found this thread. I am also having persistent problems with ecobee asking to re-authenticate very often, possibly daily. I'll start checking the status more often. Any solution for this issue?

Thanks

Logs
app:1552019-11-06 08:55:03.878 pm warnsendCommandToEcobee failed due to authToken=null
dev:2162019-11-06 08:55:01.778 pm debugsetHeatingSetpoint- setpoint:71.0
dev:2162019-11-06 08:55:01.256 pm warnError setting mode:heat
app:1552019-11-06 08:55:01.254 pm warnsendCommandToEcobee failed due to authToken=null
dev:2162019-11-06 08:55:01.222 pm debugswitchToMode- mode:heat
dev:2162019-11-06 08:55:01.218 pm debugsetThermostatMode- mode:heat

Device screen

Current States

• DeviceWatch-DeviceStatus : offline
  • coolingSetpoint : 76
  • deviceAlive : true
  • deviceTemperatureUnit : F
  • heatingSetpoint : 71
  • humidity : 52
  • maxCoolingSetpoint : 92
  • maxHeatingSetpoint : 79
  • minCoolingSetpoint : 65
  • minHeatingSetpoint : 45
  • supportedThermostatFanModes : [on, auto]
  • supportedThermostatModes : [off, heat]
  • temperature : 72
  • thermostat : Offline
  • thermostatFanMode : auto
  • thermostatMode : heat
  • thermostatOperatingState : idle
  • thermostatSetpoint : 71

Ecobee integration page shows
Tap here to authorize Hubitat to access your Ecobee account

While the fixes so we don't have to re-auth are great... Is there any way to get a notice that a command failed or timed-out? Maybe an option to retry commands for a short period? Like retry commands every X minutes up to Y times?

Thanks,
Roy

Mine needs to be re-authorized occasionally as well. I am looking for some type of notification that it lost authorization. Since the ecobee servers are so erratic i dont know that failing commands is a good option unless it was a larger span of time like last 4 or 8 hours.

Anyone else having trouble with their Ecobee authorization? This has worked perfectly fine for me for months, but lately it seems to need re-authorization every few days. Unfortunately with the way that the integration works, device watchdog doesn't catch it (though easy enough to use a rule to see when DeviceWatch-DeviceStatus is offline).

I use Ecobee through my Hubitat all the time and have two rules that run many times a day that set away and result.. zero issues with authorization for me

It happens every now and then. Seems to happen when they have server issues as well. They had some issues today so I was expecting to have to reauthorize again. We will see.

Mine goes offline every 2-3 days. Have setup an alert to notify me so I can re-authenticate.

1 Like

How did you set up an alert for that? I was trying to find a way to get notifications from logs, but I didn't find any.

Used thermostat attribute DeviceWatch-DeviceStatus as the trigger. When it changes to offline, I send a push notification. Happy to answer any questions you have about it. :slight_smile:

1 Like

That's PERFECT. Thank you.