Echo speaks

Just got in touch with Heroku about the new charges for hobbyist deployment . My echo speaks deployment will cost $14 per month. That's a bit much, for me anyway.
Any way to add this to Hubitat directly? Maybe through HPM, app code or a windows app.
I'm not a programmer. It took me 3 tries to get echo speaks running.
Please let me know

if you have a spare RPi/Linux machine/VM you can use, take a look into [Release] Amazon Alexa Text to Speech (TTS) v0.6.2 - Direct Integration (USA, Canada, UK, Italy, Australia, & Brazil) . I've been using this instead of Echo Speaks as I wasn't a fan of having a third party service know my Amazon password

2 Likes

How about a completly local solution:
(please excuse me for tooting my own horn):

3 Likes

Search for "Local Heroku Server" and you will find lots of threads like this about how to do it:

I actually just got it done a few days ago.

2 Likes

I'm having some trouble. Copied the featureaccess-v3 and saved it to app code. I get an error "expecting EOF,found 'HTTP' @line 1, column 28
Looking at the get cookie on Chrome #7 "place cookie into app" , which app?
I'm I suppose to copy a cookie and add it somewhere, or copy the code to the app code "new" in HE?

I'm using the Docker with this. The cookie looks good. However, I'm still seeing these error messages in the logs.

I'm not sure what this means. Thank you in advance.