Echo speaks

Does ‘Echo Speaks’ still work? I’ve been out of town for a couple of months and upon returning discover my echo speaks does not work at all. Has something changed?

I could also use a little advice on searching for things. I tried searching for Echo speaks but I don’t seem to comprehend how to limit the search. I get pages and pages of information, most of it very old. Is there a way to search for something and specify the time frame like only in the last six months?

Here is the official thread:

3 Likes

Yes, you'll get this option and many more if you select the "Advanced Search" icon:

Screenshot: Advanced Search icon in right of search box

Or for (basically) what you want, I normally am a bit lazier: I'll just do a regular search (hit Enter or select the "...in all topics and posts" search option from the drop-down), hit the "More..." link at the bottom to open the search in a full page and not just the dropdown, then sort by date and put the newest first (or use other options as needed on that page).

OK thanks. That’s from March 2021. I did all that a long time ago and it all worked fine. Something has happened this year that I’m unable to identify.

Thank you. I have tried all of that except sort by date. I don’t know why I didn’t think of that. Thanks very much.

The original post is, but the app has been further developed and maintained since then, with many posts afterwards that you can find in the topic linked to above. That is the current topic (thread) for this app from the developer, AFAIK.

2 Likes

That's when @tonesto7 started that thread. The last post in it is from 18 hours ago ....

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.