Echo Speaks - Echo 4 generation not working

I installed the Echo Speaks app using the installation tutorial.

When I went to Device Testing, all my echo dot 3 generation were working, but the echo 4 generation don't.

Here is a print with one of my Echo Dots 3 generation and the Echo 4 generation. It's showing announcements and text to speech false. This is my main echo device.

Can someone help me to fix this? Thanks.

Tony is working on a update, but I’d guess that what is needed is another entry in the device support map.

1 Like

Thank you for answering.

I saw how to do that in the Echo Speaks v3 + Actions post. I did it and now it's working.

The only thing it is not working is the multiroom device. Do you know how to fix it?

Believe hat is set up in the Alexa app.

1. Open the Alexa app and select Devices.
2. Tap the plus sign in the top-right corner and select Set Up Multi-Room Music.
3. Choose the speakers you want included and tap Next

Any reason I can't find this app to add it to my C7 Hub?

Echo Speaks is a community-developed app by @tonesto7. So you would have to add the code for the app before you can add it using the "Add User app" button on the Apps page of your HE.

You can get the Echo Speaks code from here:

Alternatively, install Hubitat Package Manager (another community-developed app), and use it to install Echo Speaks. Hubitat Package Manager is here:

In either case, be sure to read the Echo Speaks documentation ......

2 Likes

Being very new to this arena and very security conscious I have to ask. Are the community based apps safe? Can they simply be installed or do I need to do some sort of "rooting process" or change a setting to allow "3rd party" apps? I mean zero disrespect in these questions and am just trying to understand what's entailed.

I can’t answer that generically. I trust those community developers who frequent this community and support users of their apps and drivers here.

And since the code is open, you can certainly audit it.

No rooting. No change in security settings.

FWIW - @tonesto7 (ES) and @dman2306 (HPM) are both well-respected developers.

6 Likes

This point has been discussed extensively in the forum within the past week. See:

And I echo wholeheartedly what Ashok (@aaiyar) said above in his reply to you.

2 Likes