Easy way to see what triggered the HSM?

Here is my solution:
I modified my notication device that i used for an alarm panel in smart things..
you send it specially formatted messages and it sets attributes that you can then display on your dashboards...

You cannot really use the notify app or the hsm as you can only send one notification . I use rule machine..
see pictures below along with code

1 Like

I really appreciate your solution to the intrusion notification problem, but as a new user, I need help understanding the steps required to get it setup. Could you please explain a couple things?

1. Did you paste the code you wrote into the Drivers Code area? Once it's there, are there any steps to make it available?
  2. If I only want to know which door or window is opened during an intrusion, can I skip the first rule - HSM status reports "changed"
  3. For the Intrusion Rule, how do I setup the Actions to Run section?
  4. How is the Commands device accessed?

Sorry for so many questions, but I'd really like to use your great solution!

Ken,

How did you create the "Clear HSM Alerts" tile?

Thanks,

Ron

You can tell HSM to use a virtual switch or button to clear the alerts, then just a matter of connecting a tile to the switch/button.

1 Like

@Doyle , I created a momentary switch to clear alerts using the built-in virtual switch driver and enabling auto off.

I named the device “Clear HSM Alerts” and selected it in HSM:

Then just added the switch to my dashboard and also to Homebridge since I mostly use Apple Home for the family’s dashboard control.

Ken,

A bit more help and advice please. I created a virtual switch device with the enable Auto Off set at 2S. I named it "Clear HSM Alerts". It appears in my device list as a virtual switch.

So in the HSM APP step, when I go in I select "Custom" rules and try to create a new rule named "Clear HSM Alerts". When I do this, I cannot select the "Clear HSM Alerts" virtual switch I created. It does not appear. I can only select Contact sensors, etc. I'm not seeing the "Configure" text and items to cancel alerts with clear HSM Alert you showed in your post above.

I am obviously missing something. Your help is appreciated.

Thanks

Ron

You want to go to Configuring Arming/Disarming/Cancel Options, then scroll down to Cancel Alert Options , click the button that reads:Cancel Alertsby turning on one of these switches, and select the switch that you created.

2 Likes

What don't I have set, or updated, that I don't see this as you guys have shown it?

Or does this have something to do with ONLY having set up Custom Monitoring Rules in HSM ?

Thanks in advance.

Click on the

and it should take you to another page with more options.

Sorry but I don't see this Configure option on my HSM.

What am I missing?

Ron

Doesn’t look like you have anything using a “normal” arm/disarm option, so I’m guessing it’s not giving you a way to configure. Try adding a device temporarily to the Intrusion Away sensor list and see if you get the configure option.

That worked. Adding a device to the Intrusion options. You obviously have to utilize the Intrusion options to get the Configure option displayed. I really wish that the HSM Application would allow configuration for users who just want to use the Water alert functionality and not the Alarm/Intrusion functions. This includes being able to place Water Alert Arm status on a tile.

1 Like

I just wanted to add another option that I think will work for you.

I have a contact sensor on my mailbox & I wanted to be able to see in dashboard when my mail was last delivered:

The way that I did this was to create a new Global Variable, specifically a string variable, in Rule Machine, then I created a new rule in RM that’s triggered by the sensor opening, this rule then writes to the variable what happened at that date and time. I can now show that variable in dashboard. This is the rule:

The only extra thing I did was to add a virtual button with a corresponding rule that when pressed, resets the variable to “I checked the mail on %date% at %time%” & added this button to the dashboard. This way I know if no mail has been delivered since I last checked it.

I think that by changing the trigger from my example to “HSM changed”, you should be able get a dashboard panel that shows what triggered your alert at a date and time.

Hope this helps.

2 Likes

Thanks you. I'll try this.

Ron