Easy way to see what triggered the HSM?

When my HSM trigger an alarm I have to check all motion sensors manually to check which one triggered.

Can this be done easy - for instance in the notification with the alarm? That would be awsome!

FANTASTIC!!!!!!! Thank you so much!!!

1 Like

That is good.. but what if I want to walk up to the console and see what triggered the alarm. Push is nice, but I would like a button perhaps that would show the status, or when you open the HSM manager button on the dash that would show what triggered.

yea, this does me no good.. so was it the door? was it a motion sensor? did the glass break?

I get that I can get alerts to my phone, but what if I accidently dismiss it?

Add a tile to your dashboard with your phone as the device (presence sensor) The history feature will show any notifications sent to your phone.

2 Likes

I don't get notifications to the S10, I get it to Pushover, and all I see in the history is this

I guess this is just a feature that we will need to wait for. It just seems kinda strange that this was not thought of before.

I'm using the Hubitat app on my andriod smartphone so messages get sent directly not via Pushover. The history function on my dashboard does show the actual text that was sent in the notification not just MSG SENT. Sorry I know that that doesn't help you, I'm not an expert at Hubitat either still learning too. Maybe someone else can explain how to tweak your notification settings to avoid using Pushover

yea, i have that, but i have a tablet on the wall with the dashboard, would like to be able to get status. not trying to argue, but if that info is cleared out, you see where I am coming from. I would like to see that on a central location.. this stuff should be stored. that is all i am saying.

Carl thats GREAT! So just to be clear, in my intrusion alerts in HSM when it comes to notifications and i choose Pushover if i just add %device% and %date% in the message pushover sends me it, the message will include, in this example the actual sensor that was triggered and the date?

Can't thank you enough for bringing this to my attention. I had seen these designations stated below the message area for Pushover, but it wasn't till i saw your comments that it sunk in how to utilize them. I've learned so much just by reading the forum and these handy tips. Thanks again for your explanation.

1 Like

You can add your mobile device that gets the notifications to your dashboard. Once you have your device selected, select attributes, then notifications, then hit add tile. Now the latest notification will be right on your dashboard tile. You will probably want to make the tile several tiles wide and a couple tiles tall depending on how long your notifications are and what font size you use.

4 Likes

There has GOT to be a way, I mean the info is there! I set up the tile as informed, and it does not work!

there is no option to select "notifications"

Here is my tile setup

2 Likes

That does not help.. I use Pushover for notifications..

This is just not logical. The data is there, it's right in the HSM app in the console part of apps.. what if my phone gets another notification.. for example if they break a window but leave from the door. The window sensor gets over written!

I just want that data as it shows!

Sorry I'm frustrated as this should just be simple.

I'm gonna try to make another mobile device in the dee app and just use that one. I feel as this is a poor way.. there should be an HSM tile that pops up with a log of some sort.

It’s all in the tile history of the mobile app, or in a continuous feed on Pushover. I must be misunderstanding.

Ok. So I understand where you all are coming from. Pushover does have a little app that shows, but I use it for more then that at times (at the moment I'm working on the best geonfence, so I notify mysefl of a few things.) And I was able to get the history, but I honeatly want to know what the current status is. (Away, night armed, alert (and what) ) etc in a single tile .. mostly for the the tablets I have on the wall.

With that being said. I made a new mobile device that only gets notifications from HSM, and looks like this.

This is really not fully optimal as I'd like to know the current status of HSM as shown in my previous posts. Just as the data is there so it should be simple

It does the job, I just feel as HSM lacks when it comes to "ohh no, I need to know what's really goojg on now" feel.. sigh.. well this will do..the 'Notification (mobile) that I made will have to do. I just need to mod all my HSM rules to also send notes to it.

Like this?

Just select template “HSM” dont pick any device or attribute.

I got that.. I was more looking for the status of why the HSM detected something.

Sorry. I think I know what you’re saying, but don’t think it’s possible yet. You want the tile to say what caused it to be triggered, and stay that way until you clear it. That would be nice.

2 Likes