Easiest Garage Door adapter for Crafstman Purple opener

I'm new to HE and want to know from everyone's experience what the easiest way to get my Craftsman 'purple' garage door opener to work? Seeking to control the GD from both Alexa voice and remotely from my phone. Would like to have an indicator of the GD status as well.

I've read about the MyQ interface, etc. Just kinda overwhelmed as to the easiest and cost effective way to do it.

Thanks!

Welcome to the community
In some ways it is not a simple answer. I am using the GoControl/Linear GD00Z-4 which is a Zwave Plus device. If you have other Zwave devices and your garage is close or attached, it should work well. In my situation, the garage is not attached and my home has steel siding. It took a lot to get a good Zwave signal out doors.
The MyQ solution is WiFi but also requires a cloud connection to control the door. In any case if the garage is not attached and you don't have a good WiFi signal in the garage it can be a problem. I always try to avoid devices that require cloud control.

thank you for replying. My garage is attached and the HE is rather close to that area so I would expect communications to be good. Do you also have a Craftsman opener (purple button)?

I do not own a purple button opener. The only "problem' devices are digital wall button devices as far as I know. Most openers that use a simple door bell type button can be controlled by most smart openers. I don't know much about other options that may work with HE.

Used to have Linear GD00Z-4 but switched to these.

I might have gone that route too but it also needs a tilt sensor and it lacks the safety of the flashing light and warning tone.

You can get it as a kit with a magnetic switch instead of tilt sensor so no battery required
https://www.aartech.ca/mimo-garage/fortrezz-mimolite-zwave-garage-door-kit-with-door-sensor.html
No 30 second flashing light or tone/beeping but I found those more annoying especially the added delay for opening.
The mimolite is just like pressing the opener button.

1 Like

The delayed opening doesn't bother me, but we have a fairly short auto close delay so for us the warning is helpful. Good to know about the kit.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.