Duplicated lines in logs

I was wondering if it's normal for he to get in logs duplicated records few times in very very short time ?

Sometimes devices send out the same signal more than once to make sure whoever is on the other end receives their signal, and a driver will log those communications. This seems normal. :slight_smile:

1 Like

thanks

I have a couple zooz motion sensors that do this. A lot. There’s a toggle in the driver to suppress it.

Just seems like odd practice by device manufacturers. :confused:

Yes and no.

Sometimes, it's not unlike an infrared remote control (or one-way communications), which will send multiple signals in a row. Some devices may not receive a verification response, so it increases reliability to just send the same packet a few times in a row. Other times, it's just bad/lazy development though, and developers on our side of it end up programming around it :crazy_face:

1 Like

I believe Lutron does a similar thing.

1 Like

So does the Enerwave ZWN-SC7, certain versions of the SmartThings button, IKEA devices... you name it :cowboy_hat_face:

1 Like

To be clear, we don't see the multiple entries in the Hubitat logs because this is hidden - it happens between the Lutron device and the Lutron hub. We just see the Telnet activity between the hubs.

1 Like