DSC11 and creating controllable child devices

Ok, new from Vera and there are some fundamental differences that I am trying to work trough. So I moved over my DSC11 and it paired with no problems but I am not understanding how to be able to create seperate switches to control each outlet seperatley. I create a virtual switch but when I pick the dsc11 I only get option for the parent device. If I select attribute I cannot understand how to get the actions to work. PLEASE HELP!

I don't understand what you're referring to. Are you talking about in Rule Machine? Can you provide a screenshot of what you are referring to?

The easiest way to get it to work is to have a rule in Rule Machine that is triggered by the virtual switch changing and then in the action have the conditional action of the virtual switch being on sending the on command to the DSC11 and if off sending the off command to the DSC11.

That is what I started doing with no luck. After some trial and error I used the custom action function which worked. Thanks for the pointers for the new guy, it really helped! @Ryan780 thank you.

Okay. In the future, a screenshot of your rule is usually the easiest way for someone to help you.

Agreed and thought of that after the fact, thanks for reaching out even though I fell short.