Driveway automated lighting

I'm new here. Coming from WebCORE and smarttings.

I have 2 switches. Driveway and porch. Both want to come on at dusk and off at dawn. Both come on at 5% for night.

When driveway motion sensor detects motion, I want both to come on 100% for 10 minutes and then go back to normal (5%).

I'd also like the default switches to be 100% when the wall switch is toggled.

I'm certain this is a simple automation.

I would like to suggest a community app that I think could do this.

Oh I failed to mention that you could just use your Webcore in Hubitat too.

I'll check that app.

My Webcore piston was based off of a hacked driveway alarm. I connected a contact sensor to the alarm so that when someone entered the driveway triggering the alarm, the contact was closed (temporarily) which triggered the piston. It would raise the outdoor lights to 100% for 10 minutes and then return them back to 5% dim.

I use lights on motion plus to control my Deck lights - its brilliant and should suit your requirements perfectly.

1 Like

LoMP is an extremely powerful app. Wow. This thing has so many cool options. I think I can find lots of uses for it.

1 Like

I have something similar set up. Adjust your two lights to the 5% setting and capture it as a scene. Then create a rule to activate the scene at sunset and turn off the lights at sunrise. Create another rule to turn on the lights 100% when the switches are turned "on", activate the scene when they are turned "off" after sunset, and turn them completely off after sunrise. Perhaps LOMP is simpler, but this works as well.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.