[DRIVER] Zooz Sensors Advanced (ZSE11, ZSE18, ZSE40, ZSE41, ZSE42, ZSE43, ZSE44)

no the illuminance seems to be wrong.. i have it set to 50%.. temp is fine.. it is not changing that often i can compare with my other sensor..

it could also be the driver not setting the parameter correctly for illuminance or the wrong parameter or as you say a bug in the firmware.. there seems to be no way to disable the illuminance as i dont need it.

yes appears from the documentation i found you are setting the correct param 4 to 50 so must be a problem with the firmware.

driver also needs a +5 to -5 in .1 increments temp adjustment as well. like in the generic zwave temp humidity driver.

I don't know who's "problem" this is (other than mine :slight_smile:) but I just switched to your driver on a couple 4-in-1 sensors I have and I'm getting the following in the logs:

dev:51 is the ZSE40, app:412 is the built-in motion lighting app. My guess is motion lighting is only expecting whole #s for the lux? I have a "turn off at X lux" option so I'm assuming it's not parsing the lux and probably won't turn off the light.

I used your driver to set parameter 8 to notifications only as you suggest, at this point is there any benefit to staying with your driver or should I just switch back to the built-in so the motion lighting works.

You can switch back to fix the lighting for now, the parameter will stay set. I am also using the motion and mode lighting but I am not using the lux value. I know I read somewhere on here about decimals breaking something but I could not remember what it was or what attribute it was. This might be it although it seems to be complaining about the value being a string... either way I will get the driver fixed.

1 Like

I just realized. The stock driver is reporting an absolute lux value and your driver is reporting the percentage that the sensor is actually sending.

yours: illuminance set to 28.79%
vs stock: illuminance is 7lux

with the latter being a "lie" because it's not actually a lux value.

Yeah there is a conversion for this sensor that another dev on SmartThings worked out, to convert the percent to a lux value. I am going to put that in here as well and make it an option to report the percent or the converted lux.

2 Likes

I have a ZSE40 sensor (deviceModel : ZSE40-700) and jtp10181 driver works well. But Hubitat's stock driver (Zooz 4-in-1 Sensor, from latest 2.3.0.121 platform version,Hub Rev C-7 ), seems to have a bug , when motion active event is immediately ( within tens of milliseconds) followed by motion inactive event . And the true motion inactive event (that happens in 15 seconds per my settings) never gets generated. In the log I see two kind of events that come from the device, BasicSet and NotificationReport.
Log entries:

Events:

So device seems to be generating motion active/inactive events correctly, but the driver seems to be interpreting NotificationReport event 8 as motion inactive event.

Has anyone seen such behavior ? How do I report it as a potential bug to Hubitat's developement team ?
@mike.maxwell

I already reported it in great detail and that was the main reason I released this driver, so that you all (and myself) would having something that works.

4 Likes

Great, thank you very much. I did do some search, but didn't find the mention of that bug so decided to report it. But instead I found this post and your driver and I'm using it now.

Yup, that in-box driver issue has been reported a few times. I assume it will get resolved at some point, although I haven't seen Hubitat officially comment on that.

@jtp10181 driver works great though, so not a big issue.

True, this driver does work well. Would be nice to have hubitat maintained driver working though,

I'm adding one of my 500 series ZSE40s back to my C5 and trying to use this driver. After I set it up and save, I wake up the sensor, and I think it's syncing. But I got this in the log. Tried a few times and it happens every time.

This is one that was sold to me as being the V2 sensor, but according to Zooz support, it's not and the firmware can't be updated. So that may be the issue. I just thought I'd report it just in case. The device page says 1 pending change, but as far as I can tell, there's not a way to see what is pending.

I can see it is parameter #8 not getting a response back, not surprising. I will set a min firmware on that so it does not show for the older devices. The error is some sort of command class issue but I will fix the parse code so it should log the message instead of an error. I am trying to clean up a few other things as well before I push out an update. Stay tuned.

1 Like

If it's recent you should send it back :frowning:

@waterboysh, @dstutz - fixed some of your issues in release 0.2.0

Added to HPM also!

Version [0.2.0] - 2022-01-17

Added

• Temperature, Humidity, and Light offsets
  • Refresh command to force full refresh next wakeup
  • Log messages with instructions when you need to wake up the device
  • Properly sending wakeUpNoMoreInfoCmd to save battery

Fixed

• Added min firmware to parameter 8 setting
  • Wakeup only gets battery level by default
  • parse() logTrace would fail if command could not be parsed
4 Likes

I updated through HPM and now I have your driver installed twice. I installed through HPM, then did the match up. Both are the exact same version. How do I know which one is being used by HPM and the devices and which one I can remove?

If you try to delete a source that is in use it will give you an error. So pick one and try it. Afterwards do a match up again to make sure HPM sees the ones that remain.

Speaking of HPM, got this error this morning... @jtp10181

app:322022-01-19 08:14:27.523 am errorBad manifest for Zooz Switches Advanced Drivers. java.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot get property 'betaLocation' on null object Please notify the package developer.

app:322022-01-19 08:14:27.519 am errorError downloading https://raw.githubusercontent.com/jtp10181/Hubitat/main/Drivers/zooz/packageManifest.json: groovyx.net.http.HttpResponseException: status code: 404, reason phrase: Not Found

app:322022-01-19 08:14:27.168 am infoChecking for updates for Zooz Switches Advanced Drivers

Looks like the manifests should be:

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/jtp10181/Hubitat/main/packageManifest/zooz-zen-sensors.json
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/jtp10181/Hubitat/main/packageManifest/zooz-zen-switch-dimmer.json

2 Likes

Should be the other way around, do the matchup first. Too late now. I would go to HPM and uninstall it from there, if its in there twice it will only work on the one you are not using. Then do a matchup again, and update. Hopefully that takes care of it.

Yes this is from an issue with HPM, I moved the package json file but HPM caches the original location with no way to force it to update it. I might restore the json back there until I can work out a patch for HPM that will fix the issue. I have not updated those drivers so you are not missing anything.

1 Like