[DRIVER] Zooz Relays Advanced (ZEN16, ZEN17, ZEN51, ZEN52)

Yes, that's what I'm doing.

I'm sure that's correct. But not a very satisfying answer for users or device makers.

UPDATE

Must Run CONFIGURE After Updating (due to a hidden parameter change)

I have been working on a custom library for my Z-Wave drivers to make updates easier. So most of this update is just switching over to incorporate the "library" code. Updated and fixed a few other things along the way as well.

[1.1.0] - 2023-05-11

• Refactoring to use custom library code
  • Flash command now remembers last rate for default
  • Fixed on/off handling for ZEN52 FW 1.60
  • Changed to new logging engine / options
1 Like

Love the new look with the community link - that's slick! :+1:

1 Like

Thanks. I may have borrowed that idea from two different devs, one uses the settings box and another one had the link up top. Main reason that I wanted it there was to drive people here if they get the driver from elsewhere. Zooz site will often have a link right to the raw driver code on github.

Very nice...only downside is it blocks the Logs button on mobile.

Yeah, it rocks.

Might as well make good use of the extra real estate, and it's a nice obvious way of knowing who's driver it is, since the driver names are often (understandably & necessarily) not easy to distinguish from stock drivers. I'm a fan!

Yeah... I did think about that and shrunk my browser to see it happen. I could probably shift it down a little and make it smaller so it slides into that dead space next to "Commands".

I think that's similar to what Markus did with his.

True dat... I've never used his stuff (before my time), but I've seen that remnant in the updates kkossev is doing to some of Markus's stuff.

Probably spent way too much time working on this, is the red (Crimson) border too much?
Also figured out how to tap into the hubs CSS that applies the hover effect on the "<< Devices List" link. Screenshot shows with hover activated.

3 Likes

UPDATE

Library update includes adjustments to the community link box so it is less obtrusive, and also a fix for a potential runtime error in the library code.

Must Run CONFIGURE After Updating from prior to v1.1.0

[1.1.2] - 2023-05-24

• Library updates and moving some functions
  • Multichannel endpoint handling updates (ZEN52)
2 Likes

UPDATE for ZEN51/52

I posted a minor update to GitHub to fix issues with the fingerprint, so now the driver should properly match to supported devices when they are paired. Did not increase the version since it mostly benefits new installs but if you want to update anyway just run a repair in HPM.

1 Like

Installed this for a Zen51. At first install, most of the options in the preferences section disappeared. So then I reinstalled the original driver. I read the instructions again, which state "MUST PRESS CONFIGURE BUTTON" and check all parameters.

So I reinstalled it to look for the configure button, and at reinstall, all the old preferences plus some new ones showed up. I then found the configure button due to the screenshot in your post 30 above, and pressed - it synched for awhile and is now synched.

I now have one of my Zen51's on your driver and one on the original driver. Hope that is not going to create an issue...

Just curious if this driver supports Zen16's also or is that so different from the Zen17 that it is not supported?

No, that's not an issue. Unless there is a bug in the system driver, usually the main difference is the system driver has basic support designed to be simple and work long term without modifications. My drivers typically will expose all features and settings but require more maintenance to maintain if the manufacturer changes something with subsequent version updates.

The companion driver is only for the ZEN17 and it is ONLY a settings driver, it does not work to control or report status of the device. I created it because the ZEN17 has many settings that were not exposed by the system driver, so this makes it easier to do advanced configurations. The full driver itself is very complicated and the system driver seems to work fine for that part of it so I did not want to re-invent that part.

If the same thing was needed for the ZEN16 I could add it, but I think most of the settings are already exposed on the ZEN16 system driver, it does not have as many complicated options.

1 Like

Thanks. Yes the Zen 16 is working for me. I'm not aware of any other options it has or that I need.

Thank you for your help and your work on this!!

Hey @jtp10181 , just found this. Thanks for making all of these options available.

If you recall I was trying to make the child button on a Zen30 associate with the Zen51. I see you added a Group 2 option, but not Group 3. I think the Zen30 lower button is Group 3 if I'm not mistaken. Group 2 association works great both ways, but it's for the paddle.

I think there was some trouble with this the first time around, possibly because the Zen30 button is a child device and has a DNI of, in my case, 36-1, with 36 being the parent dimmer.

Zen30 firmware 3.10, driver 1.6.4
Zen51 firmware 1.7, driver 1.1.2

Thanks

Edit: if it helps any, the ZWave Association Tool app is not able to do it either

If you are trying to associate the ZEN30 relay button to send commands to the ZEN51 then you only need to set the association on the ZEN30 Group 3.

If you want commands to go from the ZEN51 to the ZEN30 relay button then you would set that on Group 2 of the ZEN51, BUT you need to set a multi-channel association (as you have sort of already noted). My drivers do not support setting that, so you would have to use this utility driver (below) I ported from ST. There is a post with instructions for setting a multi-channel association.

It only really needs to go one way, with the Zen30 as the source. The relay is in a bathroom exhaust fan and the little button is for that.

Have set the Zen30 grp3 association and configured. Zen30 is resynced and shows the correct assocDNI3. I've configured and resynced the Zen51 as well, and cleared all association parameters from it. Logs don't show any activity except from the Zen30 when triggering the button both physically and digitally.

All works perfectly through Group 2 though, so something is different between the groups.

Could be a firmware bug on the ZEN30. I can test it out tomorrow.
Supposedly Group2 and 3 are supposed to behave exactly the same, just 2 = dimmer and 3 = button.

Have you tried setting it to any other devices or only the ZEN51?

This is from ZEN30 docs
The dimmer supports Group 2 with up to 5 devices and will
send BASIC_SET report to other devices in Group 2 to communicate status
changes. The relay supports Group 3 with up to 5 devices and will send
BASIC_SET report to other devices in Group 3 if its status changes.

Must be a bug... tried setting group 3 to a couple other devices and no dice.