Driver Request - Schlage BE469ZP

Welcome to the Hubitat forums!

You are supposed to do a factory reset before including these, otherwise the previous codes are still there and a new hub cannot read the old codes. You can delete the old codes, and add them right back in and it should fix this.

The Schlage locks are not on the supported devices list, they were removed due to so much variability in user experiences with these. https://docs.hubitat.com/index.php?title=List_of_Compatible_Devices

I have been on both sides of this, these locks working great, and these locks having issues. There are many threads about these locks on this forum, and it sounds like you may have read some of them. Some research will reveal that staff are aware of the issues, and they are not likely to support these in the future. In short, they cannot guarantee these will work consistently with Hubitat so they are not supported. Staff were nice enough to leave the driver in place though, so if someone wants to attempt to use these locks, go for it.

There is a Reliable Locks app that some have used that seems to make these work better and not have to press lock twice. Might be worth a try? [Release] Reliable Locks

I am not sure what you are asking for? You want them to say "don't use Schlage" in their videos? Or show how to use a lock that they don't recommend using? :man_shrugging:

That is fairly normal for most things I think. With most hubs it is fairly normal to add a few devices, and need to reboot. Or you should be doing that at least. Even with Windows you have to repeatedly reboot upon initial setup or upon adding new drivers and devices.

1 Like

As Neonturbo has mentioned, many of us have been on journey's with Shlage.
I'm now in a very, very good place with my BE469ZP and Hubitat, they have been rock solid, but I also made sure I have multiple repeaters between my hub and doors, I don't use lock code encryption, and I let my mesh settle for a good 4 days.

They've now been running solid for over a year, and even replacing one defective from Schlage (battery issue) is working great,

1 Like

I am not sure that is wise.

???

The encryption only refers to the display of codes on the device page.

So there’s really no significant gain to encrypting their display in most situations.

2 Likes

Perhaps I am misinformed. I thought it affected whether the codes could be read from the lock.

Edit:
Yep, you are correct. I went back and re-read all the documentation. That’s what happens when you are in your seventies and rely on your failing memory.