[DRIVER] NUT Discovery + UPS & Outlet Status

Access denied when connecting to NUT server on Synology (NAS DS918+, DSM 7.1.1 ) from C-7 (2.3.6.144)

Using the driver from GitHub here.
Log
Configuration

Help please.

Post on the thread of the driver you are using, looks like this one: [RELEASE] Network UPS Tools (NUT) monitor and shutdown controller (upsmon)

1 Like

That's it
NUT upsmon driver cococafe PowerSource, Refresh, Battery, Initialize

The Nut server is connected to a Cyber Power CP1500PFCLCD using a USB and connected to a 2nd NAS and working fine, powering off when the power is lost.

As Jeff noted, you should post questions in the forum thread associated with the driver you are using.

How do I set up the server or hubitat to stop getting the "telnetStatus: receive error: Stream is closed" message. There must be some setting on the machine I am running NUT server on that can keep the connection open longer.

LJ

There is no server side setting that I know of to keep the connection from being closed. The way to keep the connection is for the client to actually login to the UPS via the NUT protocol. To my knowledge, this driver does not do that.

There is another NUT driver which does perform a login, which you can find here.

1 Like

I would highly recommend the driver from @dennypage that he linked to. It is much more streamlined and efficient than this old one, and is being actively supported. I switched over to it and removed the NUT discovery driver from my hub a while ago.

2 Likes