Driver for Heiman z-wave smoke detector

I have their Zigbee Gas Detector which has a driver in HE for it. Pressing the test button does cause it to trigger so I'm thinking that should do the same for the smoke detector if it works in HE.

When it paired, did it just come up as Device?

Smoke.

Yes. Then I choose some drivers and with Generic Z-Wave Smoke Detector everything looks fine and now I see the battery level has dropped to 74 so there is communication. But smoke alarm does not come thru.

Couple you post the device data section especially inclusters? It’s possible the driver won’t work.

I'm afraid I don't understand your question.

At the bottom of the device page there is a section called data. It will have a line labeled inClusters. Sorry I’d post a sample but I’m not home at the moment so I can’t take a screenshot but someone else might show an example!

Is it this:

• deviceType: 32770
  • inClusters: 0x5E,0x85,0x8E,0x59,0x55,0x86,0x72,0x5A,0x73,0x80,0x9F,0x71,0x84,0x6C
  • deviceId: 4096
  • manufacturer: 608

Sorry, didn't see it till now, yup that's what I was looking for. @bcopeland or @mike.maxwell will know more than me, but I would have thought that would work. I see it saying that device reports an alarm and that it works in SmartThings using a generic driver. Can you make sure debug and descriptive text logging are turned on for the device and open up the live log while you press the test button?

Unfortunately I can't find a good spec sheet/manual for that detector to confirm what Z-Wave command classes it supports.

I found the specs.. I’m looking into it now

2 Likes

@bcopeland
Just wanted to follow up with regards with the Heiman Z-wave smoke detector drivers have you had any progress with them.

Thank you

Hi @bcopeland and @mike.maxwell

I wanted to follow up with regards with the Heiman Z-Wave smoke detector here is the data section after paring with HE, I have tried the generic z-wave smoke detector driver but this only shows battery and clear, never any alerts to the test button or smoke. Would really appreciate the help.

• deviceType: 32770
  • inClusters: 0x5E,0x85,0x59,0x86,0x72,0x5A,0x73,0x80,0x30,0x71,0x84
  • deviceId: 4096
  • MSR: 0260-8002-1000
  • manufacturer: 608

Shows the battery level and says Smoke:clear
When I tried some smoke and the alaram went off it did not change the status in HE

This is in the logs

dev:11582020-08-04 18:10:20.846 errorgroovy.lang.MissingMethodException: No signature of method: GenericZWaveSmokeDetector.sendCarbonMonoxideEvent() is applicable for argument types: (java.lang.String) values: [detected]

dev:11582020-08-04 18:06:05.315 infoKitchen Smoke Detector battery is 99%

dev:11582020-08-04 18:06:05.100 warnconfigure...

dev:11582020-08-04 18:06:01.318 errorgroovy.lang.MissingMethodException: No signature of method: GenericZWaveSmokeDetector.sendCarbonMonoxideEvent() is applicable for argument types: (java.lang.String) values: [detected]

dev:11582020-08-04 18:03:35.945 warnThe smoke status has been cleared and the battery level will be refreshed the next time the device wakes up.

dev:11582020-08-04 18:03:35.913 infoKitchen Smoke Detector smoke is clear

Nice job @greglsh , it's a pity nobody can/want to help with this. It's a nice sensor, small and looks good. Unfortunately not usable. @mike.maxwell please your thoughts?

There is now the built-in driver in the latest release. There also is my converted driver which I got done late last week.

2 Likes

Hi @RikH
yes the last update sorted this device out and is working in HE now.

@greglsh and @simon , So I updated the hub to 2.2.3.119 but it still doesn't work. Then I tried Simon's driver and yes it works! Went back to Generic driver, nothing. Back to Simon and it works like a charm. I'll keep it that way. Thank you very much for the driver man!

1 Like

Exactly the same as @RikH.
The inbuilt driver does not work but Simons seems to work perfectly so many thanks to him for the driver. :slight_smile:

Is there a way to silence the in built siren on these units via Hubitat? We have one at the bottom of the stairwell which is just outside the kitchen. Sometimes when grilling the smoke causes a false alarm so I've installed a zigbee button that when pressed sets the smoke detector to clear but this doesn't stop the siren.

I don't know. I'll have a look and see.

Problem I have with these sleepy devices is that they only accept commands when awake, what I don't know is if they stay awake when the siren is activated. I would think it's loud enough to keep anything awake, but maybe not the radio !!!

I don't know anything really about z-wave. Is everything initiated by the device itself or is there a way for the hub to poll it in order to wake it up before issuing any commands?

Thanks for looking into the issue, much appreciated.

I don't believe the hub can initiate anything. When initially included the device driver can tell the device how often it's to wake up and check in with the hub. When it wakes up it sends the wake-up notification and then the driver can send back the device anything it needs to send.

First I tried the "Generic Z-Wave Smoke Detector" which didn't work. There is also a "Generic Z-Wave Smoke/CO Detector". That one does the trick.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.