• application: 41
  • firmwareMT: 1141-D3A3-000000C0
  • inClusters: 0003,0004,0005,0006,1000,0008,0300,EF00,0000
  • manufacturer: _TZB210_tmi0rihb
  • model: TS0505B
  • outClusters: 0019,000A
  • softwareBuild: 000000C0
    Some generic drivers give ON - OFF control
    The built in firmware updater worked for an update to the current 000000C0.

Do you see any change (to worse) after the firmware update?

You can try this driver, although I don't know if it will behave any better.

I tried the driver.
It turns off and on AND the health shows online.
It not changing anything else like color, hue, brightness
Any other ideas - options are appreciated.

Edit: I have no idea if the firmware update helped or hindered. I really hit the firmware update button just to see what it said in the logs and was surprised when it started downloading an update. So I let it update. The controller was never tried with the original update as had only installed it 45 second prior to hitting the update button.

I think that the firmware was updated to an image that is not for this device… Is this a Gledopto RGBW dimmer?

XXK LM052 ZigBee 3.0 LED Strip Controller RGB CCT RGBW 5in1 Dimmable Compatible with Smart Life APP/Alexa Echo/Google Assistant Home/Siri, DC12-24V Lights Controller(Require ZigBee Hub) https://a.co/d/2kWa02U

It is this device. I did not know it was a tuya product till arrival. I figured Zigbee 3.0 - good to go.

Search for a mention of 'SmartLife' or 'Smart Life' in the product description - it is all Tuya.

You can always ignore 'Zigbee 3.0' as it means nothing for our use - all the non-standard devices (which do not comply with the standard Zigbee Custer Library specifications) are advertised as 3.0... : )

Also, beware of ads 'It works with everything' :

This is all about Tuya Cloud servers talking to Amazon/Google/ST .. etc... clouds.

@mike.maxwell there was a very similar case with the same OTA image 1141-D3A3-000000C0 :

I think it will be better if this OTA update file is removed from Hubitat servers.

Then why is a Hubitat advertised as Zigbee 3.0. I’ve had an automated home for about 35 years ( from X-10) and although more complex items can be automated now ( I only care about automated and don’t use any manual or HC control ) the “standards” are just whatever someone wants it to be. There truly is NO way for the mid grade person technically savvy person with some $$ who lies between the ( cestron / savant and I want to futz with this crap constantly ) crowd.
You can control (this) and it connects to “everything” but not (this list) but we all are “Zigbee alliance / Zwave certified” so maybe yea - but probably not.
Everyone appreciates the work ( volunteers ) put into making drivers / apps because without that Hubitat would be a pretty useless box.
Then there’s the stuff on Wi-fi like hubspace with some “ hey I like that “ items which involve yet another process ( because we just CANT have interoperable stuff it seems )
Just frustrating after all these years, dangling carrots, push and promises of “the future+”
Glad I got that out of my system before coffee.

Done...

3 Likes

Dumb question, but will this device control more than 1 strip of COB lights, or do you need one for every string of lights? It says 5in1, so not 100% sure what that means....

"5 in 1" means that the controller supports 5 different types of LED strips :

Yes, you will need a separate controller for each different LED strip that you want to control individually.

I ordered this device based on the fact that it is listed as Zigbee 3.0 but after pairing it with my C8 it doesn't seem to work with any drivers. This is my first Zigbee device, my whole house is Zwave and I'm already starting to hate Zigbee. Finally has anyone managed to make it work with Hubitat??

Please post the device model and manufacturer, as seen in the HE web page 'Device Details' section.

Hi,
any progress re. driver for this? I've just ordered an LM091 rf controller to supplement my device... but HE control would be nice. As it stands, I can turn mine on/off, dim and select colours that have no relation to the colour wheel.

Other than that (as a noob) I'm loving HE :smiley:

Ultimately I hadn't yet tested the equipment enough. It seems to work using the "Advanced Zigbee RGBW Bulb" driver .
Thanks.

Sold under the name Tuya LM052, When I pair it with hubitat via zigbee, the device is found, but it's 'type' field is left saying 'device' , and the only device entry containing 'Tuya Zigbee scene switch'

I have the alexa hubitat skill installed, but the device is not visible from alexa. I have another z-wave device on the hubitat, a GE dimmer switch, which is properly identfied by hubitat, and is visible from alexa.

I'm thinking that a device specific driver for the LM052 will solve all of these problems. I have the hardware, and I'm a software developer, so maybe I can help crate one for it? Are there tutorials for this?

Hi @suteny0r ,

It is possible that this Tuya device is already supported in HE inbuilt drivers - have you already tried to manually change the driver to Generic Zigbee Dimmer?

Click on the Configure button after changing the driver.

It's an LED strip controller, RGBW.

I configured it as an advanced zigbee RGBW bulb, and most of the operations work, but it's now showing up in my alexa device list (I have another z-wave dimmer that does)

It is NOT showing up on alexa device list.

*** update ***

I resolved this problem by disabling the hubitat skill from within alexa, then re-enabling the skill and logging back into my hubitat account. Once authenticated, I offered me a list of devices to 'authorize' , the working zwave switch was already checked, the new LM052 zigbee strip controller was not. I checked the authorization box, and then it was available to Alexa.

I added the alexa skill for the zwave device and authorized it during install. I added the LM052 later, and it did not prompt me or seem to offer a way to select the device as authorized, unless I disabled and re-enabled the alexa skill.

*** update ***
amazon echo skill app from hubitat app section allows authorizing newly added devices to be controlled by alexa. :slight_smile: