Door sensors: Sonoff SNZB-04 vs Ecolink 4655BC0-R

It looks like Brons2 posted this too but wanted to be sure you got tagged and since I just joined one of these here you go.

Really a nice little sensor with insertable spacers on the magnet portion so they line up nicely. Paired like a champ.

1 Like

They open up easily and they're actually winning me over with their simplicity and ease of modding :slight_smile:
Slip a finger nail in at the pointy corners and a slight push forward gets the bottom grey section sliding off.
Nice big CR2450 battery, for all those years of life and easy terminals for attaching external triggers (see arrows) .
EcoLink 4655BC0

2 Likes

As requested:

ID: 6294

Manufacturer: Ecolink

Product Name:

Model Number: 4655BC0-R

deviceTypeId: 18

manufacturer : Ecolink

idAsInt : 1

inClusters : 0000,0001,0003,0020,0402,0500,0B05

endpointId : 01

profileId : 0104

application : 01

outClusters : 0019

initialized : true

model : 4655BC0-R

stage : 4

From logs:
zigbee.parseDescriptionAsMap-read attr: [raw:catchall: 0104 0500 01 01 0040 00 6294 00 00 0000 04 01 00, profileId:0104, clusterId:0500, clusterInt:1280, sourceEndpoint:01, destinationEndpoint:01, options:0040, messageType:00, dni:6294, isClusterSpecific:false, isManufacturerSpecific:false, manufacturerId:0000, command:04, direction:01, data:[00]]

I didn't see this before I put mine in service, but it works well with smartthings multipurpose device driver.

Quick question for those that bought the Ecolink: is switching to the open state quasi-instantaneous?

A better question for those that have both Sonoff and Ecolink: are they the same speed in switching states?

The reason I'm asking is I just installed a Sonoff SNZB-04 and noticed that switching to the close state is fast, but there is a noticeable (and annoying!) delay when switching to open. On open I can hear the distinctive click of a magnetic reed switch.

I also have a bunch of original Xiaomi door/window sensors that are super fast in changing states (and they're going through an extra hop, the Xiaomi GW, before hitting Hubitat). No audible noise when changing states.

My Ecolink’s take approx 1 sec to register open or closed, within HE’s device page. No apparent difference in timing.

I read through this whole thread, went ahead and got a 10 pack of these Ecolink off Ebay.

Pairing: I was not in direct line of sight, about 25 feet from the hub, pairing was immediate.

The temp levels had severe variances, easily corrected in the device settings. This I want to watch to see how consistent they stay, and relative to each other in the same room.

The Open Close change was immediate on all ten, could watch it refresh immediately in the device settings page, and no confusion (open close quickly) as I have seen on others units.

Very happy with these units, thanks to all that contributed to this, it helped my decision.

2 Likes

Glad you've had a good experience and like them, so do I.
Especially at this price point, nothing comes close . IMHO

My next project is to see if I can insert them into a door to see how they go as imbedded sensors !
If you take them apart (really easy to mod them) they're also SUPER skinny - the 5mm battery height is the greatest height with the PCB only 2-3mm

Bought a set of 10 of these on Ebay - only 3 lots of 10 left when I checked today. 10 Ecolink Zigbee Wireless Door/Window Contact Alexa via EchoPlus White 4655BC0R 851166005046 | eBay
Mine should arrive next week.

1 Like

I bought 8 of these, thought they were great, then 2 months later they started dropping off. I noticed a trend.. once the battery reached 44% they would drop off and a re pair or battery pull only allowed them to reconnect for a few hours then drop off again. If anyone else has had a longer battery life or better success I would be interested in hearing your findings. all ecolink zigbee sensors to hub are under 20 feet from the hub. Out of desperation I bought 4 zigbee repeaters to put in between , so no ecolink is more than 10 feet from a repeater. I have some Sonoff on the way now and will compare. just as a comparison my ecolink zwave sensor for the garage door is every bit of 40 feet from the hub and never drops off and battery life 3 months later is still 100%. If the Sonoff don't work out I might bite the bullet and change everything over to zwave.

@firebird4849 just installed 2 of the 10, will see how battery life is after 2 months on these and repost the results here. One is about 10' from a repeater (to the left of it), but is connected as direct line of site across the room 30' to the HE, Zigbee routing shows it as a child of the HE.
The other is routed through another repeater that is about 20' away from it.

I've not replaced ANY batteries in my Ecolink door sensors since I got the first batch over 12 months ago !
I love em.

2 Likes

I have two of these Ecolink door sensors in my house, one for the back door and the other for a side gate (outside). The back door sensor seems to work well and I haven't had to replace the battery for the last several. months. The one at the side gate drained the original battery within 2 days, and when I replaced them with fresh batteries they also were drained in 2-3 days. Either the sensor is defective or the distance to one of my wired zigbee repeaters or the hub is too far. Subsequently, I replaced this sensor at the side gate with a Samsung multipurpose sensor. Note, that these Ecolink sensors don't report the actual battery percentage (always posts 100%).

I just paired one of these Ecolink contact sensors with HE and thought I would just report that they are now detected properly by HE as Generic Zigbee contact sensor. Mike must have added the device fingerprint to HE :+1:

1 Like

does anybody add them to alexa to implement it with the GUARD feature?

They look to report temperature change on a 0.5 degree change in Celsius by default.

1 Like

This is an 6-month update. I just got two and they are working marvelously. They are still not listed as officially supported devices at List of Compatible Devices - Hubitat Documentation.

1 Like

ha ha yes I noted that above. Right about this time last year. LOL
I really like these contact sensors.

YEah this are very efficient, but would like to have them on alexa as contact sensor to add it to the guard option

@cohoman , Do you know is this lack of battery reporting is due to the actual sensor hardware NOT reporting or the Driver not reporting ??