Door sensor

Anyone know of a door sensor that can be powered by plugging into an outlet that is compatible with hubitat?

My garage sensor i have keeps draining the battery cause of the cold of the winter and figure this will fix that issue.

thanks,

I've had it in the back of my head that cold is affecting a few of my devices too. And overnight, winter, is usually 40's so not very cold. BUT, I've been thinking I should get a 3D printed battery and wire it up to a USB wire so I could plug it into a 'power bank' that could be 3-6 ft away depending on the USB wire I hacked. :slight_smile:

All of the Aeon MultiSensor 6's came with a 6ft thin USB to microUSB cable, which would be very usable for a door / tilt sensor. I'd really like to find a 3D printed fake battery that has a micro USB tucked inside :smiley:

My tilt sensor is 'glued' to the metal garage door and thus it's thermally connected to the outside temp. Kinda makes me wonder how it works, ever. :slight_smile:

I have one of the Multisensors outdoors, under an eve, Protected from rain, but completely exposed to wind, temp, and humidity. Yet that pair of CR123a batteries are still going strong after 6-8 months.

Must have been lucky picking the battery vendor. :slight_smile:

I've not seen any "mains" powered contact sensors. However, you might try a 3V** ac adapter connected to your current device (with the battery removed).

** Or whatever voltage your contact sensor requires.

unfortunately it is very hard to find rechargeable battery packs that will run low current devices due to low current cutoff built in which restricts low current devices from charging, this is for over discharge protection.
I have an 6+ year old one that works but I bought a few different brands last fall and none of them will work.

My house was hard wired for a security system I re-purposed the security system wire and wired an adjustable wall plug to the house door sensor in place of the battery.

for my actual garage door I wanted to get away from batteries for the tilt sensor so I installed a mimolite with a hard wired magnetic door sensor instead.

You can get these types of power supplies and hard wire them to sensors. I've got several motion sensors connected with this particular supply.

If you don't want to solder, there are adapters. Depends on what type battery you need to substitute. These CR2032 adapters are expensive, but cool that they're at least an available option. They also offer AA and AAA options.

one thing I have noticed using 3 volt plugin is that the power level of the sensor fluctuates from 40% to 100% so I increased mine to 4-5 volts and so far they have been reading a steady 100%.
The fluctuation didn't seem to affect the device operation but I preferred them at steady full power.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.