Don't switch to SmartThings

will the d6 pro not work with hubitat.. i have my honeywell on hubitat using the api c driver with two child devices for the outdoor temp and humidity. i believe it will also get back info on the steam humidifier as i see stuff coming back regarding that.. i probably will have to modify it to read the settings and possibly control the humidifier settings. but i havent turned it on yet as it is just getting cold enough now.. I only set it up and turn on the water filter for it when it gets down to 30% here.

1 Like

No unfortunately, it uses the Honeywell Home (used to be called lyric) cloud service which isnā€™t supported at all on HE.

The problem is that most/some ST users have this need of being "spoon fed" and that is their own downfall because they refuse to believe anything they do with Hubitat will go wrong and when it goes wrong support is obligated to help them.... good luck with that especially when you are being a dick about it.

2 Likes

Yeah Iā€™ve seen a couple of those types here, you give them decent instructions and because you didnā€™t spoon feed them with every minute detail they have a sook.

Reminds me of the old saying, there are 2 types of people, those who can extrapolate from incomplete data sets....

1 Like

I refuse to "spoon feed" anyone. I don't care who or where you come from either. If you are so dense that you can't figure out how to automate your own house then you have no business doing it.

In my world of coding RTFM has been a long time saying. Here it would be search the forum... I'm pretty sure someone else has had the same issue.

3 Likes

I totally agree, the exception is when writing technical how to guides. I try to be as complete as I can with those.

But otherwise, just research and experiment, itā€™s not rocket surgery or even brain science, ppl who canā€™t perform some basic research and experimentation drive me nuts.

Tbh Iā€™m an idiot, I can barely code (usually Iā€™m recycling the work of others that I struggle to comprehend) and I gave up a technical career 2 decades ago.

Thereā€™s reason Iā€™m in management, those can, do, those who canā€™t manage. :laughing: But that doesnā€™t stop me from having a go.

1 Like

Everyone has a skill set they are good at... but everyone can READ.

1 Like

Dam straight!

1 Like

@lewis.heidrick, did you check out the Sinope thermostats, they look really good and sleek. And by using the custom community driver, you can also display the outdoor temperature on them.

Really?

3 Likes

Well, I see new users in the forum for whom English is clearly not their native language, and they clearly are struggling to cross the language barrier. We need to be sensitive to that as we help them.

6 Likes

There are only 3 temps here in Houston and they change with the seasons, Spring = Hot, Summer = Really Hot, Fall = Hot, Winter = Cool

6 Likes

Thatā€™s a very different group to the folk we were talking about.

1 Like

This is why I've been enjoying my ecobee thermostats - they have the min fan runtime that I need in the mild days to keep fresh air moving and also the use of AC to dehumidify. I keep my setpoint around 75 - on the hotest days that feels fine - and then I have it allowable to overcool up to 4 degrees if the humidity inside starts going above 57% . Thusfar this has been serving pretty well. (I have a single compressor 'zoned' unit with each zone being a single floor of the townhouse. I've been cleaning up the mess the contractor made of the system by making them put in a bypass damper since it isn't a variable speed fan and also re-opening the fresh air intake to let the house breathe) I do still also use a smaller portable dehumidifier on the ground level for the mild days that outdoor humidity never goes below 60% as well.

I recently completed migrating from a ST version 2 hub to a Hubitat C-5 hub. My primary motivation for switching was to be as independent of the cloud as possible. I was also frustrated by the unreliability of timed events like shutting off a motion-activated light after a minute.

I first moved my Lutron Caseta light switches and Z-Wave fan switches over with no issues. Encouraged by this, I moved the rest of my devices over. For the most part everything is working as it should, with the exception of my Schlage Connect Z-Wave Plus smart locks. While they report status immediately when operated locally, Iā€™m having a lot of difficulty sending commands to them from the HE hub. Clicking on the tile results in an hourglass icon which just stays stuck there; looking at the lock reveals the command was never executed. This happens even after I added an Aeotec 7 repeater midway between the hub and the locks. By contrast, ST never had any problems communicating with these locks even without a repeater.

Iā€™ve also noticed that some devices donā€™t always update their status reliably. I had one contact sensor showing up as open when in fact it was closed; opening and closing the door triggered a status update. Another sensor stopped reporting its open/closed status entirely, even though it continued to report acceleration and 3-D motion data.

Based on my experience so far I have to agree with @ Bloodtick_Jones - run both ST and HE hubs in concert and let each do what it does best, at least for the time being. I'm definitely going to be looking at HubConnect next.