Dome Motion Sensor always Active

All,

I cant seem to get my dome Motion sensor working right. I'm on hub version 2.1.6.118. I've removed, reset and added the sensor a foot from the hub. A couple of times.

It adds, but the status always says active. It never says anything else. I'm using the Dome driver for it but no luck.

Any ideas?

This may be a silly question, but have you stepped away from it for a while (probably at least 10 minutes) and then come back to make sure the sensor itself has had time to report inactivity after the motion you would have naturally generated when pairing the sensor? I think the default "reset" time on this is in the longer side, you'll have to wait longer than the 60 or so seconds you might with a lot of Zigbee sensors (this is configurable on the Dome, but you'll have to wait it or wait for it to wake to get the configuration applied).

I've left it. The battery died in it. I'm sure its because its active all the time. I may have a defective one.

Mine works, and pretty reliably too. Hard to say if the device is bad and stuck active, or if the battery was just low. Low batteries cause some weird issues. If the sensor is new, I would return it, otherwise it is probably worth trying a battery and see what happens.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.